GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently October 22 19, 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2019 NBA off-season
PostPosted: July 2 19, 2:59 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

Whiteside has to stop acting like he can shoot jumpers and be a modern pick and roll big instead of trying to force his way into being a modern stretch big. Set the pick and roll. You know what's dope about Nurk? He will come up and LEVEL CJ's man so that CJ can get open. Nurk averaged 5.0 screen assists/game last year, which means if stats in the NBA were smart and we counted screen assists as assists Nurk's per game averages would be 15.6 points / 10.4 boards / 8.2 assists and we'd talk about him as being an All-Star level guy. Whiteside will have to change his game a bit to get there, and he's not as good a player as his stats. With Hood coming back and Bazemore in the mix Whiteside's job is to be a pick-and-roll rim-running center.

Another thing I really like about Portland is that Nassir Little and Anfernee Simons (who I read they like a lot) both will get the opportunity to play some quality minutes with very little pressure on a very good team next year.

A lot of people are hyping Utah, and I get that. Conley gives them a traditional PG who can facilitate for guys like Ingles and Gobert who function better offensively with that kind of PG. They should be very good on D. A lot of people are hyping the Lakers, but they have no bench and no role players and not enough money to fill in a contending roster IMO. I really like Denver and Portland's look right now in the West. Super bummed that Denver's Summer League game is not on NBATV tomorrow, I'd love to see the MPJ pro debut.

PostPosted: July 2 19, 3:18 pm 
The Last Word

Denver doesn't play until Friday. I'm bummed that it's not on TV, also.

PostPosted: July 2 19, 3:32 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

In that case looks like it's on ESPN. 11:30PM EST.

PostPosted: July 2 19, 4:20 pm 
The Last Word

Excellent!

PostPosted: July 4 19, 11:54 am 
The Last Word

So, MPJ sprained his knee in practice, and is unlikely to play in Summer League.

*sigh* Nugglife will never die.

PostPosted: July 5 19, 10:48 am 
Replies Authoritatively

This is kind of what Denver signed up for. They have a good, young complete team without him with their two studs locked in. If he contributes it’s an upside play that pans out, and if he never sees the court I feel like they knew going in that there was a chance of that.

PostPosted: July 5 19, 1:52 pm 
The Last Word

33anda3rd wrote:
This is kind of what Denver signed up for. They have a good, young complete team without him with their two studs locked in. If he contributes it’s an upside play that pans out, and if he never sees the court I feel like they knew going in that there was a chance of that.

Definitely. I think everyone understands that.

They almost had to gamble on the upside though (same with Bol Bol), because Kawhi isn't coming to Denver. KD isn't coming to Denver. It would just be nice for things to fall their way.

PostPosted: July 5 19, 5:21 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

Socnorb11 wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:

Definitely. I think everyone understands that.

They almost had to gamble on the upside though (same with Bol Bol), because Kawhi isn't coming to Denver. KD isn't coming to Denver. It would just be nice for things to fall their way.

Absolutely agree. They're doing it right, the opposite of the Knicks and other franchises doomed to perpetual failure because they keep making "safe" draft picks and winding up with C-grade NBA players.

PostPosted: July 6 19, 8:12 am 
99% conan clips

Quote:
Kawhi Leonard agreed on a four-year, $142 million max contract with the Clippers.

The Clippers pull off one of the craziest nights in NBA history, landing Kawhi Leonard and trading for Paul George within minutes. According to report, Kawhi met with PG earlier in the week, and said to the Clippers that it would be unlikely he would sign unless the Clips could land George. Now, the Clippers have two of the best two-way players along with Patrick Beverley at point guard. They're instantly a contender for an NBA title.
Jul 6, 2019, 2:49 AM ET

Quote:
Oklahoma City is trading Paul George to the Los Angeles Clippers for Danilo Gallinari, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and four unprotected first round draft picks, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.com.

That's a Woj bomb. Woj adds George approached the team and requested a trade after Leonard pushed for George to find a way to the Clips. The Clippers convinced Kawhi to come start his own super team and pull off a massive deal to give them two of the NBA's best wings. Last summer, just about everyone expected George to go to LA, but instead he opted to stay with an announcement coming at a party with a Nas concert there. He'll be the 1B to Kawhi as the Clippers lose much of their depth with this stunning move. George is still likely to be a first-round pick in fantasy leagues and now he won't have share the ball with Russell Westbrook.
Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter
Jul 6, 2019, 2:03 AM ET

PostPosted: July 6 19, 9:05 am 
Hall Of Famer

Jocephus wrote:
Quote:
Kawhi Leonard agreed on a four-year, $142 million max contract with the Clippers.

The Clippers pull off one of the craziest nights in NBA history, landing Kawhi Leonard and trading for Paul George within minutes. According to report, Kawhi met with PG earlier in the week, and said to the Clippers that it would be unlikely he would sign unless the Clips could land George. Now, the Clippers have two of the best two-way players along with Patrick Beverley at point guard. They're instantly a contender for an NBA title.
Jul 6, 2019, 2:49 AM ET

Quote:
Oklahoma City is trading Paul George to the Los Angeles Clippers for Danilo Gallinari, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and four unprotected first round draft picks, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.com.

That's a Woj bomb. Woj adds George approached the team and requested a trade after Leonard pushed for George to find a way to the Clips. The Clippers convinced Kawhi to come start his own super team and pull off a massive deal to give them two of the NBA's best wings. Last summer, just about everyone expected George to go to LA, but instead he opted to stay with an announcement coming at a party with a Nas concert there. He'll be the 1B to Kawhi as the Clippers lose much of their depth with this stunning move. George is still likely to be a first-round pick in fantasy leagues and now he won't have share the ball with Russell Westbrook.
Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter
Jul 6, 2019, 2:03 AM ET

Wow.....I mean WOOOWWWW

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next