GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently October 17 19, 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2019 NBA off-season
PostPosted: July 11 19, 7:40 pm 
Offline
Replies Authoritatively
User avatar

Joined: April 7 13, 9:45 am
Posts: 7656
Location: Chicago, IL
The NBA is wild man.

I didn't see that OKC also traded the Rox a second basketball so I'm gonna say this ends badly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 NBA off-season
PostPosted: July 11 19, 7:42 pm 
Offline
The Last Word

Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am
Posts: 19616
I'm not sure how you get enough touches for both of those guys. There's still only 1 basketball, right? I still wonder if Westbrook will get flipped to Miami.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 NBA off-season
PostPosted: July 11 19, 7:48 pm 
Offline
Replies Authoritatively
User avatar

Joined: April 7 13, 9:45 am
Posts: 7656
Location: Chicago, IL
I think what's next is Presti flips CP3 to Miami or Orlando. They hold two future Miami picks, one is protected, they could get the protection off that pick and maybe some kind of other asset plus they eat Goran Dragic's expiring deal. CP3 gets to play in Miami for one of the league's marquee franchises with Butler.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 NBA off-season
PostPosted: July 11 19, 8:09 pm 
Offline
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster
User avatar

Joined: October 12 07, 12:28 pm
Posts: 25203
Location: Raptured


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 NBA off-season
PostPosted: July 12 19, 6:56 am 
Offline
bronoun enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Posts: 28476
Location: extremely online
33anda3rd wrote:
I think what's next is Presti flips CP3 to Miami or Orlando. They hold two future Miami picks, one is protected, they could get the protection off that pick and maybe some kind of other asset plus they eat Goran Dragic's expiring deal. CP3 gets to play in Miami for one of the league's marquee franchises with Butler.

This makes a ton of sense, but man, the Heat just refuse to rebuild.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 NBA off-season
PostPosted: July 12 19, 7:05 am 
Offline
99% conan clips
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Posts: 55533
again i know nothing about basketball but...on one hand, one could applaud OKC for being small market and having some really great teams and players this last, what, decade? on the other hand, they didn't win the big one. i'm reading the thunder's wiki page and i completely forgot harden was on the team for a few years. crazy. someone made a funny edit, at least to me. you know how on these wikis they'll often segment certain time periods into a certain section (2013–2016: Westbrook and Durant era, 2015–2017: Durant's departure and Westbrook's MVP season, etc) but someone just added "2019: The End of An Era"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 NBA off-season
PostPosted: July 12 19, 7:24 am 
Offline
bronoun enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Posts: 28476
Location: extremely online
I will never give the Thunder credit for anything. They are a college football town and they stole their franchise from one of the best NBA towns in the world, Seattle. [expletive] them. I'm glad they never won a title.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 NBA off-season
PostPosted: July 12 19, 7:55 am 
Offline
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster
User avatar

Joined: October 12 07, 12:28 pm
Posts: 25203
Location: Raptured
thrill wrote:
I will never give the Thunder credit for anything. They are a college football town and they stole their franchise from one of the best NBA towns in the world, Seattle. [expletive] them. I'm glad they never won a title.

+++


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 NBA off-season
PostPosted: July 12 19, 11:07 am 
Offline
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: June 4 17, 10:04 pm
Posts: 2384
Location: portlandbugle.com
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
thrill wrote:
I will never give the Thunder credit for anything. They are a college football town and they stole their franchise from one of the best NBA towns in the world, Seattle. [expletive] them. I'm glad they never won a title.

+++


Agree entirely. Criminal. It could be noted that they do have a Championship trophy, though. They took the Sonics goddam trophy. Whenever Seattle gets a team I want to be there for the first SEA/OKC game.

I do believe Seattle will get another team. But it will be bittersweet, because the city is so rich now and NBA fandom/experience have changed. It's going to be a Golden State situation, I fear, with lame, shockingly quiet rich fans in the seats that even the players complain about, and actual dues-paid, victimized fans priced out. I hope not.

Cool that Lillard ended an era from 37 feet though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 NBA off-season
PostPosted: July 12 19, 4:22 pm 
Offline
Replies Authoritatively
User avatar

Joined: April 7 13, 9:45 am
Posts: 7656
Location: Chicago, IL
I'm just really happy that the journalists and opinionists are all finally all on the same page that Westbook is not that great and is grossly overpaid.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group