XFL

A forum for non-baseball sports
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: XFL

Post by CardsofSTL »

I just wish they had made the battlehawk an armor plated Cardinal.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

This is how much I don't care about (American) football:

How did the first season of the "other" football league go? The one that started after the Super Bowl? Was it called the AFL or USFL? Didn't it fold before the end of the season?

If so, then I see this endeavor experiencing the same end.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

The XFL probably won't make it. But it is a fact that a lot of football fans have turned away from the NFL recently and a competitive alternative might attract some of those fans. I don't care one way or the other; I have never had more than a passing interest in football and tend to prefer college level when it comes to both football and basketball. MLB is probably the only professional sport I have ever followed closely.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

CardsofSTL wrote:The XFL probably won't make it. But it is a fact that a lot of football fans have turned away from the NFL recently and a competitive alternative might attract some of those fans. I don't care one way or the other; I have never had more than a passing interest in football and tend to prefer college level when it comes to both football and basketball. MLB is probably the only professional sport I have ever followed closely.
It's not.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/leighstein ... s-incoming

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

flipped over, the logo apparently spells out STL

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

cardsfantx wrote:flipped over, the logo apparently spells out STL
Looks like hands praying over a cross to me.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

PENIS AND VAGINA!

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

lol...and if it's supposed to spell STL...then why not just...you know...not have the logo like that?

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:The XFL probably won't make it. But it is a fact that a lot of football fans have turned away from the NFL recently and a competitive alternative might attract some of those fans. I don't care one way or the other; I have never had more than a passing interest in football and tend to prefer college level when it comes to both football and basketball. MLB is probably the only professional sport I have ever followed closely.
It's not.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/leighstein ... s-incoming
The mention of ratings reminds me that I need to tell the people that I share my YouTube TV account with that I will cut them off if views on YouTube TV are included in ratings and I find out they've been using it to watch the NFL. They can watch the NFL if they want but I'm not letting any views be counted from an account that I pay for entirely by myself and let them use for free.

Yes, I am still at that point where I am an absolute NFL hater. If I am somewhere and a game is on or a friend wants to watch it, I won't throw a fit or even make a comment because I have no issue with anybody else still being a fan but I want no part of them. The only comments I ever make are to friends and family who immediately latched on the Chiefs bandwagon after the Rams left and even then I only point out that they were huge fans of the Rams, extremely pissed when the team left and the Chiefs were not exactly innocent in the Rams departure. They voted to let StanK break their hearts so they could expand their territory to this side of the state. The Chiefs are the LAST team I would ever root for if I were to go back to the NFL. Same with the Bears.

All that being said, I'm sure at some point I'll go back to the NFL because I do love football but for that to happen they are going to have to actually handle a situation right the FIRST time to start to win me back. No more of this BS where Player X might have gotten in a bit of trouble but the video hasn't come out yet so we will just bury it and then if TMZ gets their hands on the video we'll claim we didn't know the truth (and they didn't because of willful ignorance) and cut the player to protect their image. Or maybe pledge money for concussion research or something and then actually pay all of the money after the positive publicity dies down instead of just not paying what they pledged and letting the deal they signed die quietly. Or you know, maybe not supporting a player in his fight to avoid a suspension who seems to get into at least a little something every single year but cutting a fringe receiver because there is a warrant out for somebody going by the same name as him because you can't have trouble on your team while not even giving him 30 minutes to clear things up (the cops were not looking for the player and never said they were).

OK. I'm done. Time for me to go home. I could go on and on with different situations that the NFL has handled in the worst possible way over the last few years but I'm getting too pissed off all over again. The NFL can suck it.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

I am very similar to you. I quit Fantasy Football too because of this.

I am more soured on the whole way the NFL left St. Louis but the most important thing for me to enjoy the NFL is the quality of the product. And right now, that product sucks.