GatewayRedbirds.com
http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/

2019-2020 St Louis Blues Hockey Season
http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64078
Page 7 of 11

Author:  lukethedrifter [ November 7 19, 7:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019-2020 St Louis Blues Hockey Season

I have no idea. Hasn’t made much impact in his time in the NHL. But the clip said he was leading DET in hits plus he’s big so maybe Berube thought he could fit the team style.

Author:  sighyoung [ November 8 19, 8:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019-2020 St Louis Blues Hockey Season

I really see this primarily as accommodating Fabbri, who probably wanted to be played or traded, but who's not the speedy top six offensive player he was projected to be before his two knee surgeries.

De La Rose is what the Blues could get--like Fabbri, an RFA at the end of the season, same salary, and a healthy scratch a lot of times. But De La Rose will be able to fulfill his role--provide size and depth for the fourth line.

Author:  cardsfantx [ November 8 19, 8:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019-2020 St Louis Blues Hockey Season

With steen out, Armstrong is saying no one is coming up

So the new guy is coming in/playing on the 4th line, and we’ll have no forwards left on the roster

Author:  JCShutout [ November 8 19, 2:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019-2020 St Louis Blues Hockey Season

sighyoung wrote:
I really see this primarily as accommodating Fabbri, who probably wanted to be played or traded, but who's not the speedy top six offensive player he was projected to be before his two knee surgeries.

De La Rose is what the Blues could get--like Fabbri, an RFA at the end of the season, same salary, and a healthy scratch a lot of times. But De La Rose will be able to fulfill his role--provide size and depth for the fourth line.


That's my gut feeling as well. They knew they were selling low on Fabbri, but wanted to do the right thing for him. If he couldn't crack the lineup with Tank out, he was too buried to have much of a chance. I still think the skill is there to be a scoring line player. I still hate Detroit enough that I dread them getting a cheap useful forward.

I'm guessing the Blues want their young guys playing top line minutes in San Antonio, and since the opening is on the 3rd or 4th line, a move like this, bringing in a role player who is comfortable on the pk, helps cover Steen's injury.

Author:  cardsfantx [ November 8 19, 8:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019-2020 St Louis Blues Hockey Season

Fabbri with 2 goals tonight (so far) in his red wings debut

Author:  JCShutout [ November 10 19, 10:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019-2020 St Louis Blues Hockey Season

Yeah... please don't let us have given Detroit a good player. I hate the Red Wings.

At least De la Rose looked really good last night. He isn't going to score, but he drew a penalty or two and has really good defensive positioning and hockey sense. He looks (from one game) like a guy who is really useful at a low salary, and starts to get in the way if he makes more than, say, Bortuzzo money.

Author:  tlombard [ November 11 19, 1:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019-2020 St Louis Blues Hockey Season

After that win Saturday I was in such a good mood that I immediately bought tickets to the game tomorrow night. Invited a friend yesterday and the jerkface still hasn't said if he can go or not. I just asked him again and he's got until about 5pm before I start trying to find somebody else. I forget the section number but row ff, lower bowl in a corner where the Blues shoot twice.

Author:  GeddyWrox [ November 11 19, 3:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019-2020 St Louis Blues Hockey Season

Just saw that the blues are kicking the tires on Troy Brouwer and something called a "McGinn". LOL...

Apparently McGinn was a buddy of O'Reilly's in Colorado and a year in Buffalo.

Author:  sighyoung [ November 11 19, 7:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019-2020 St Louis Blues Hockey Season

GeddyWrox wrote:
Just saw that the blues are kicking the tires on Troy Brouwer and something called a "McGinn". LOL...

Apparently McGinn was a buddy of O'Reilly's in Colorado and a year in Buffalo.


It'd be nice if McGinn could still cut it on a 12-string Rickenbacker.

Author:  lukethedrifter [ November 11 19, 8:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019-2020 St Louis Blues Hockey Season

sighyoung wrote:
GeddyWrox wrote:
Just saw that the blues are kicking the tires on Troy Brouwer and something called a "McGinn". LOL...

Apparently McGinn was a buddy of O'Reilly's in Colorado and a year in Buffalo.


It'd be nice if McGinn could still cut it on a 12-string Rickenbacker.

He can. I saw him at the Ryman last Fall.

Page 7 of 11 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/