Scott Rolen for Troy Glaus (Update: Finalized!)

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
haltz
Hall Of Famer

Re: Scott Rolen for Troy Glaus (Update: Finalized!)

Post by haltz »

Magneto2.0 wrote:
DiLLaGii wrote:
Magneto2.0 wrote:Scott Rolen compilation

http://my.break.com/content/view.aspx?ContentID=259491
Can you paraphrase this for those who cant view the page? Its blocked at work.
It's basically all the highlights from Scott Rolen's 2006 season. It's a very good video. I'm still dumbfounded by some of the plays he makes.
Yeah, I'm going to miss those plays. He makes that diving snare, beautiful short hop, and backhand from foul territory constantly. It's like those were just examples of plays I've seen every week for a couple of years. It's going to take some getting used to I guess.

Then there's that bare-handed grab of Mabry's foul pop-up over the troll. I had completely forgotten about that.

EastonBlues22
Perennial All-Star

Post by EastonBlues22 »

RC21* wrote:Wow, that's a pretty highly favorable point in Glaus' favor. Though it's tough to say how much weight to put in DR.
I don't quibble too much with Rolen's numbers, but to the best of my knowledge Glaus' stats are probably being overstated simply because his foot problems have only significantly affected his playing time/production for one year. However, they're *almost* as likely to bother him moving forward as Rolen's shoulder is.

All of his production estimates should probably come down a bit, but at the very least his 15% Pess. stats should be worse than they are. There's no way a "pessimistic" 2008 season has him playing 10-12 games above what he played last year.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

It should be noted that Dial's ZR (I think those are the DR numbers, right?), gets Rolen pretty close with a 24-run defensive gap. I'm actually a little disappointed in Glaus's projection, since ZIPS doesn't "know" anything but the .290 EQA he posted last year.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

FWIW, MLBTR says that Buster Olney reported that Glaus went and asked Ricciardi for a trade to get away from the artificial turf in Toronto.

Jmodene
Still waiting for someone to use a Weird Al song

Post by Jmodene »

Well, as I've pointed out here and elsewhere, Glaus' injuries may have taken him off the field, but haven't affected his production. Rolen's injuries, OTOH, had a significant impact on his production, especially in terms of home run power.

Hungary Jack
Mother Earth

Post by Hungary Jack »

I think Glaus stands a better chance of being healthy than Rolen.

The prognosis for a guy coming off surgery for PF is generally very good. The recovery takes time, but is usually close to 100%.

Rolen's shoulder is a real wild card. Committing him to 3 years is a significant risk, IMO.

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

Does anyone know much about Glaus' knee issues? The most recent is the foot thing, but I think he missed a fair amount of time with a knee injury.

Still in CO, HJ?

Hungary Jack
Mother Earth

Post by Hungary Jack »

planet pujolsian wrote:Does anyone know much about Glaus' knee issues? The most recent is the foot thing, but I think he missed a fair amount of time with a knee injury.

Still in CO, HJ?
Here thru Saturday. Storm coming in. I hope it dumps. Powder makes me happy.

UK
Perennial All-Star

Post by UK »

planet pujolsian wrote:Does anyone know much about Glaus' knee issues? The most recent is the foot thing, but I think he missed a fair amount of time with a knee injury.

Still in CO, HJ?
The knee issues were minor and a thing of the past.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

I don't like the deal.

Yes the deal had to be done - a fire sale (thanks to Larussa), but I'd rather have a minor league prospect or two.

I'm tired of all the druggies wearing Cardinal uniforms.