Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
haltz
Hall Of Famer

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Post by haltz »

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Post by TheoSqua »

Popeye_Card wrote:
Arthur Dent wrote:
TheoSqua wrote:So what exactly is racist?

Is it just when you dislike someone specifically because of the color of their skin? Or if you think they are inferior because of it?

Is it disliking the culture of a specific race? Does disliking black people with bad attitudes make you racist? Does thinking that the Spanish speaking population should be forced to learn English to live in this country make you racist?

What about believing in stereotypes? Does being afraid of getting mugged when you walk by a black person when you wouldn't think that when walking past a white person in the same attire make you racist?
I'd say that it's not really a black and white thing.
Yeah, it's more of an Obama area.
That's kind of my point. I think a lot of the racial issues we have in modern society aren't based off of a person's skin color or appearance. They're cultural issues. Obviously there's still the extremists that you'll never get rid of, but I don't think that's the biggest issue. The cultural and social issues are the biggest obstacles to overcome, and flatly calling someone a racist when they discuss their views of those cultural clashes only makes peoples ability to understand and accept cultural differences harder.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

Not to mention, how many terrorist attacks did Jack Bauer have to thwart while we had a black president? Are we ready for that? Does this country have a real Jack Bauer?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

GatewaySnayke
Hall Of Famer

Post by GatewaySnayke »

I can't believe how active this thread has been.

BW, you seem to have the heebie jeebies about an Obama presidency; is there anything in his platform that is even remotely radical? I can't find it.

docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief

Post by docellis »

Last edited by docellis on November 4 08, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

does anyone know if the news networks will be streaming their coverage online?

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

I just received an email that told me that Obama believes in the Muslim teachings that more rich babies should be aborted than poor black babies, in an effort to "spread the baby-killings". It also said that he will propose a new tax on these mandated abortions the day after he is sworn into office. Unfortunately, these mothers going in for these abortions will wait for 15 hours in a waiting room because they will be covered under a new federal healthcare system that's horribly mismanaged by the new Secretary of Terrorism William Ayers. That seems like an odd department to be in charge of healthcare, but the email was sent to over 20 people, so it must be legit, right?

Cronos
In perpetuum

Post by Cronos »

Jocephus wrote:does anyone know if the news networks will be streaming their coverage online?
I'm watching msnbc live online right now. Don't know about later.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

Popeye_Card wrote:I just received an email that told me that Obama believes in the Muslim teachings that more rich babies should be aborted than poor black babies, in an effort to "spread the baby-killings". It also said that he will propose a new tax on these mandated abortions the day after he is sworn into office. Unfortunately, these mothers going in for these abortions will wait for 15 hours in a waiting room because they will be covered under a new federal healthcare system that's horribly mismanaged by the new Secretary of Terrorism William Ayers. That seems like an odd department to be in charge of healthcare, but the email was sent to over 20 people, so it must be legit, right?
Snopes says it's true.