UPDATE: (Page 35) Everybody Hurts

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
Michael
GRB Founder

Re: I have a date

Post by Michael »

maddash wrote:Ok, first off. You've apparently been going on lunch dates. Nix those. Lunch dates don't lead to anything for the guy. And for the girl it shows a lack of seriousness on the guy's part. Lunch isn't serious. Dinner is serious. Always push for dinner dates.
I think lunch dates are fine although if it's during business hours that's a little hokey.

For first date's I loved Sunday. You're both not losing Friday and Saturday night and the date is a little more relaxed.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

TGantz wrote:
Michael wrote:
TGantz wrote:I'll order like a grilled chicken sandwich and a salad or something like that. I guess sissy was too strong, but mainly just saying I don't order a big ass steak. Especially on the first date. I'm trying to get her to like me because I'm funny and charming, not because I have the same entertainment value as a National Geographic special on lions.
Seriously, just make sure you're not ordering like the cheapest thing on the menu. For a girl that's super annoying.
I didn't order like that because of the money. But anyway, I don't know why I'm talking like I have a routine. I haven't dated since high school. When I dated then I was a awkward teenager with barely any money and we were going to Chilis or something. It'll be different now.

We hadn't really decided on a place. Where should we go?

EDIT- I haven't gone on first dates since high school. I had the same girlfriend for four years and I'm only 21, so I'm not very experienced with this sort of thing.
I know you didn't, but it's annoying for a girl because it limits her choices.

Try not to take her to a chain restaurant. If you're not sure what she likes, Italian usually works.

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

Michael wrote:
TGantz wrote:
Michael wrote:
TGantz wrote:I'll order like a grilled chicken sandwich and a salad or something like that. I guess sissy was too strong, but mainly just saying I don't order a big ass steak. Especially on the first date. I'm trying to get her to like me because I'm funny and charming, not because I have the same entertainment value as a National Geographic special on lions.
Seriously, just make sure you're not ordering like the cheapest thing on the menu. For a girl that's super annoying.
I didn't order like that because of the money. But anyway, I don't know why I'm talking like I have a routine. I haven't dated since high school. When I dated then I was a awkward teenager with barely any money and we were going to Chilis or something. It'll be different now.

We hadn't really decided on a place. Where should we go?

EDIT- I haven't gone on first dates since high school. I had the same girlfriend for four years and I'm only 21, so I'm not very experienced with this sort of thing.
I know you didn't, but it's annoying for a girl because it limits her choices.

Try not to take her to a chain restaurant.
It's probably going to be a lunch thing. She's going out of town for a few days and she's leaving Sunday. We were just going to go out when she got back, but I've seen Harold and Kumar. Can't send a single girl out of town without planting a seed.

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

maddash wrote:
A sandwich? On a date?

Ok, first off. You've apparently been going on lunch dates. Nix those. Lunch dates don't lead to anything for the guy. And for the girl it shows a lack of seriousness on the guy's part. Lunch isn't serious. Dinner is serious. Always push for dinner dates.
He neglected to mention his date is through "It's Just Lunch".

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Also, don't take advice from me. I'm an internet loser who enjoys video games.

maddash
is eerily well-versed on Project Runway and irony

Post by maddash »

Michael wrote:
maddash wrote:Ok, first off. You've apparently been going on lunch dates. Nix those. Lunch dates don't lead to anything for the guy. And for the girl it shows a lack of seriousness on the guy's part. Lunch isn't serious. Dinner is serious. Always push for dinner dates.
I think lunch dates are fine although if it's during business hours that's a little hokey.

For first date's I loved Sunday. You're both not losing Friday and Saturday night and the date is a little more relaxed.
Lunch dates seem like they're meant for people who are too busy to be bothered with a relationship. And you can't (or shouldn't) really drink on a lunch date.

But I totally agree on Sunday first dates.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

If you want to get lucky, here's what you do:

You pull up in an early 80's Monte Carlo or Camaro - preferably the later so you can have the T-Tops out. You're wearing your best jean jacket, you run your fingers through your hair. Now, you honk your horn several times to let her know you've arrived. As soon as you see her, you tell her that she looks ready for action and tell her to hop in. Next, you reach into the cooler in your back seat and grab her an ice cold can of Busch. You hand it to her and tell her to drink up because it'll be "more fun that way." Next, grab your banana comb and run it through your hair. Sunglasses, check. Now, pop in a cassette of The Little River Band and blast the song "Night Owl" as you burn out of her driveway/parking lot.

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

Fat_Bulldog wrote:If you want to get lucky, here's what you do:

You pull up in an early 80's Monte Carlo or Camaro - preferably the later so you can have the T-Tops out. You're wearing your best jean jacket, you run your fingers through your hair. Now, you honk your horn several times to let her know you've arrived. As soon as you see her, you tell her that she looks ready for action and tell her to hop in. Next, you reach into the cooler in your back seat and grab her an ice cold can of Busch. You hand it to her and tell her to drink up because it'll be "more fun that way." Next, grab your banana comb and run it through your hair. Sunglasses, check. Now, pop in a cassette of The Little River Band and blast the song "Night Owl" as you burn out of her driveway/parking lot.
There are six discs in here. I always have LRB ready to go.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

TGantz wrote:

There are six discs in here. I always have LRB ready to go.
You're set buddy. Nothing to worry about.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

This is amazing. I'm dying over here.

maddash wrote: Lunch dates seem like they're meant for people who are too busy to be bothered with a relationship. And you can't (or shouldn't) really drink on a lunch date.

But I totally agree on Sunday first dates.
Some girls don't like a ton of pressure on a first date. They're already nervous enough.

Then again, maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about.