GDT 10/28/11-Rangers (Harrison) @ Cards (Carpenter) 7:05 CDT

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
Numbers
Perennial All-Star

Re: GDT 10/28/11-Rangers (Harrison) @ Cards (Carpenter) 7:05

Post by Numbers »

Jocephus wrote:
Nelson Cruz (groin) is likely to play in Game 7.
Cruz strained a groin muscle on his final at-bat of Thursday's World Series Game 6 loss to the Cardinals. He was shown limping down the clubhouse steps on the FOX broadcast, but the Texas slugger is likely to power through the discomfort for Friday night's winner-take-all in downtown St. Louis.
Source: Jeff Wilson on Twitter
Oct 28 - 4:12 AM
Jocephus wrote:
Matt Holliday (finger) expects to play in Game 7.
Holliday suffered a "severely bruised middle finger" while being tagged out at third base in Thursday's wild Game 6 victory over the Rangers and was spotted later in a splint. But it's doubtful he'll sit on Friday night. The Cardinals left fielder has been battling bumps and bruises all season long.
Source: CBS Sports
Oct 28 - 4:08 AM
Chris Carpenter will start Game 7 of the World Series against the Rangers Friday night in St. Louis.
It's technically Kyle Lohse's turn in the Cardinals' postseason rotation, and Edwin Jackson would also be working on a normal amount of rest, but manager Tony La Russa will turn to his workhorse in Friday evening's winner-take-all with Texas. Carpenter struggled the last time he pitched on short rest, but he's probably St. Louis' best option at this point. It'll be all hands on deck if he falters.
Source: Joe Strauss on Twitter
Oct 28 - 4:04 AM
Man, whoever made the War of Attrition crack last night kinda hit the nail on the head

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

I feel like I could run through a [expletive] brick wall right now. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

My phone was blowing up too, probably had 4-5 text conversations going on last night. Even my gf who was sitting across the room texted me "OH MY GOD" lol I may never delete that one.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

I ain't worth a damn today at work. I should just go home....

Numbers
Perennial All-Star

Post by Numbers »

It just hit me, Larussa has never managed a World Series Game 7. We all know how Larussa manages, what will he be like when there are absolutely no constraints and the entirety of the season comes down to one game? Does Jose Oquendo get called on to pitch tonight?

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

07come11 wrote:It just hit me, Larussa has never managed a World Series Game 7. We all know how Larussa manages, what will he be like when there are absolutely no constraints and the entirety of the season comes down to one game? Does Jose Oquendo get called on to pitch tonight?
He did that last night, and because of Holliday's injury and Descalso being in the game at short, he couldn't pull Freeze for defense....

Numbers
Perennial All-Star

Post by Numbers »

wart57 wrote:
07come11 wrote:It just hit me, Larussa has never managed a World Series Game 7. We all know how Larussa manages, what will he be like when there are absolutely no constraints and the entirety of the season comes down to one game? Does Jose Oquendo get called on to pitch tonight?
He did that last night, and because of Holliday's injury and Descalso being in the game at short, he couldn't pull Freeze for defense....

Freese makes me smile lol

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Is it wrong that I'm hoping for Craig to play and Holliday to PH?

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

lukethedrifter wrote:Is it wrong that I'm hoping for Craig to play and Holliday to PH?
That is what I am hoping too.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Holliday said after that game he'll be ready Friday, but manager Tony La Russa was more cautious.

"We thought at first he had fractured it, but I was told by the trainer later that it's not a fracture," La Russa said. "I think it's swelling and he's got a pretty good bruise there. So it may be we need to replace him tomorrow."