Changes to "Social" (Political threads, etc)

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
ZigZagCardsFan
Perennial All-Star

Re: Changes to "Social" (Political threads, etc)

Post by ZigZagCardsFan »

Kyle,

I know certain things take priority, but I'm still waiting to hear back about my idea for a tastefully nude selfies forum.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

BOOOOO. DOWN WITH THE MODS.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Can we call it "Them's Fightin' Words"?

Also, wassup with no Quick Reply in that subforum? Is it like a mandated handgun purchase waiting period?

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

lukethedrifter wrote:Also, wassup with no Quick Reply in that subforum? Is it like a mandated handgun purchase waiting period?
lol

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Now that the split has happened, might I suggest efforting to make new threads instead of just dumping everything into mega threads? For example, "Clinton's Emails" and "Trump's Immigration Policy" and "New Radiohead Album" and "Star Wars: Rouge One", etc. I think that would increase chatter.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

stlouie_lipp wrote:Now that the split has happened, might I suggest efforting to make new threads instead of just dumping everything into mega threads? For example, "Clinton's Emails" and "Trump's Immigration Policy" and "New Radiohead Album" and "Star Wars: Rouge One", etc. I think that would increase chatter.

Why would you want that? If we can't cover all that in a thread about backup QB refusing to stand for national anthem, then what good are we?

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Kyle wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:I didn't think this would be useful. But that it doesn't show up in "view active topics" - it most definitely is.
I didn't anticipate this either. It just happened to be something that was configurable on a per-forum basis.
I'm going to be a pain in the butt here. Is that configurable per user by chance? I assume not.
Don't change it on my account, but if it's possible to do I use the view active topics by default on GRB, and enjoy the political threads.

Bo Hart
Perennial All-Star

Post by Bo Hart »

stlouie_lipp wrote:Now that the split has happened, might I suggest efforting to make new threads instead of just dumping everything into mega threads? For example, "Clinton's Emails" and "Trump's Immigration Policy" and "New Radiohead Album" and "Star Wars: Rouge One", etc. I think that would increase chatter.
Yes, this is a great suggestion. I'll address this more formally at a later date.

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

ghostrunner wrote:
Kyle wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:I didn't think this would be useful. But that it doesn't show up in "view active topics" - it most definitely is.
I didn't anticipate this either. It just happened to be something that was configurable on a per-forum basis.
I'm going to be a pain in the butt here. Is that configurable per user by chance? I assume not.
Don't change it on my account, but if it's possible to do I use the view active topics by default on GRB, and enjoy the political threads.
I usually just use view unread posts, which works

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Schlich wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
Kyle wrote:
I usually just use view unread posts, which works
I did not notice that feature before. And just when I thought I was escaping my instant feedback loop.....