GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently November 22 17, 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: September 15 16, 12:07 am 
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief

I bet this works in real life, too. All my neighbors are poor as [expletive] and don't want to talk about politics either. If any of them decided they cared, maybe they could change a policy that keeps them poor.

Who gives a [expletive]! Right! Lets keep politics away from our [expletive] fun!

PostPosted: September 15 16, 1:46 am 
All-Star

docellis wrote:
I bet this works in real life, too. All my neighbors are poor as [expletive] and don't want to talk about politics either. If any of them decided they cared, maybe they could change a policy that keeps them poor.

Who gives a [expletive]! Right! Lets keep politics away from our [expletive] fun!

Huh? I'm not sure moving political discussion to another part of the same forum is really the same thing.

PostPosted: September 15 16, 5:51 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

Famous Mortimer wrote:
docellis wrote:

Huh? I'm not sure moving political discussion to another part of the same forum is really the same thing.

I bet you're a gas at parties.

PostPosted: September 15 16, 7:03 am 
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

docellis wrote:

I think there's a difference between knowing with almost absolute certainty what someone is going to say, knowing what someone else is going to say, and then knowing how each and every argument is going to unfold before it happens and not knowing what the issues/what the arguments are for either side.

At this point, I don't think any of us can be accused of not understanding both sides and/or not caring.

It's a cardinals board and it was becoming so toxic because opposing sides couldn't just agree to disagree or understand where others were coming from and respect that, that the damn thing almost shut down. Over the years, we've lost a lot of good (and some not so good) posters becasue of the impasse that at some point people have to decide....is this a cardinals board meant for the enjoyment of cardinals fans to talk cardinals baseball, or is this a board meant to bicker and kvetch about politics. If its the later, then by all means keep the two together. If it's the former, then this is probably a good move, imo.

Again, it's not that people don't care or don't understand. It's just politics and it's America and there's always going to be differing views.

PostPosted: September 15 16, 7:50 am 
Hallelujah Brother

docellis wrote:

viewforum.php?f=30

PostPosted: September 15 16, 7:57 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

well said, AW.

when people have an actual local or personalized insight/experience that relates to the topic, it quickly gets washed away by what someone read on national newsite or facebook.
I don't think you could ever get a conversation on political topics where we would get, say a Pop Haines and a FatStrat to commit time to express their views regularly. Though i'd like to read them, I don't blame people for not seeing GRB political forums as a good medium to lay it out there, because it is often quickly lost, parsed, trolled away etc.

people have different amounts of time for it.
Still, I can sort of use it as a news browser for those topics -i.e. when Pioneer finds some good stuff. the humorous stuff. occasional soap box.

PostPosted: September 16 16, 12:05 am 
All-Star

lukethedrifter wrote:
I bet you're a gas at parties.

Not as much fun as a guy like you, who just makes bizarre non sequiturs in conversations you're not part of, but I try and hold my own.

PostPosted: September 16 16, 9:57 am 
likes to grate his own cheese

I think this was a great change.

To me, this is a Cardinals baseball forum for fun and entertainment (and can be informative at times too).

PostPosted: September 16 16, 10:28 am 
a bad penny always turns up

Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
I want my own forum. We could chat about life, love and other topics like how to get rid of STD's without having to see a medical professional.

PostPosted: September 16 16, 11:09 am 
'Burb Boy

Leroy wrote:
I want my own forum. We could chat about life, love and other topics like how to get rid of STD's without having to see a medical professional.

I can't promise a forum, but if we had "Ask Fat Bulldog," I see no reason why "Ask Leroy" isn't a thing.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next