GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently March 30 17, 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: August 7 16, 1:30 pm 
has a link from 538 to share

The past week since my announcement of GRB’s closure has been a whirlwind. I was floored by the outpouring of kind words from everyone. You made me realize GRB is an incredible community and I couldn’t let it die. That’s why when I was presented with a great opportunity to start a new chapter for GRB I knew I had to take it.

I’m excited to announce our longtime member Kyle will become the new owner of GRB! I truly believe Kyle has the makeup and the skillset to be a strong administrator to lead this board in future.

What does this mean over the next few weeks?

-Effective immediately Kyle will become co-admin of GRB
-On Sunday, August 21st the moderators and I will step down, and Kyle will have a new moderating team in place

I want to address is the mods and myself stepping down. I’m genuinely excited that Kyle is stepping in as the owner of GRB and I want to give him the opportunity to shape the board in his vision by putting his own moderating team in place. The mods stepping down is 100% my decision and something the current moderating team supports. It in no way reflects Kyle’s opinion on any previous moderators or the current moderating staff’s opinion of Kyle. This is a big love fest :D

I’d once again like to thank everyone for all your support throughout the years. I also want to give the most love to my past and present moderators. Your selfless dedication to make GRB a great place to hang out cannot be commended enough.

Finally, I’d like to congratulate Kyle on his new role and thank him for stepping up to keep this community going! I wish him nothing but success in his new endeavor!

It’s been a wonderful ride!

-Michael

PostPosted: August 7 16, 1:30 pm 
Perennial All-Star

In April 2006, Michael and I were having a seemingly-innocuous conversation through instant messaging. Suddenly, he mentioned an idea he had brewing in his head: he wanted to start a new Cardinals message board. I scoffed at the idea, expressing skepticism over there being a need for it. "There are already multiple Cardinals message boards out there", I thought, "why would anyone choose to come here over an established board?"

Well, here we are over ten years later, and I'm eating crow. Gateway Redbirds has carved itself out a successful niche among passionate Cardinals fans, and spawned a genuinely great community. By any measure, the site has been a tremendous success.

When Michael announced the news of shutting down the site, I reached out to him and expressed tenuous interest in keeping things going on. After a few discussions and hammering out some details, we came to an agreement. I guess it's fitting that he would grant me this opportunity, considering I was the second registered user of the site -- that's worth first dibs, right?

While I plan to keeping GRB largely the same, there are some exciting improvements I plan on implementing that I think will benefit the site. I will unveil plans for these in the coming days/weeks, so stay tuned.

Thank you, Michael, for the opportunity, and thank you to the entire GRB community for helping build something worth keeping.

I'm excited about the future of GRB, and I hope the community is as well. Here's to another successful ten years!

PostPosted: August 7 16, 1:37 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Well, I'll be damned. Kyle. Right on.

Thanks again, Michael. I hope you plan on sticking around between poker and foreign treks.

Last edited by lukethedrifter on August 7 16, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: August 7 16, 1:45 pm 
99% conan clips

Wow. Impressive. Very cool. Thanks.

PostPosted: August 7 16, 1:47 pm 
Hall Of Famer

This is good news, and I'm looking forward to being a regular old pleb for a while.

PostPosted: August 7 16, 1:48 pm 
Perennial All-Star

I'm down with this, but dang it eventually I want a personalized poster status :)

PostPosted: August 7 16, 1:49 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Excellent news! Now I don't have to find new digs to get my Cards' fix. Congrats, Kyle!

PostPosted: August 7 16, 1:53 pm 
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Great news!!! Glad to have you as the new leader, Kyle. Excited that GRB is sticking around.

PostPosted: August 7 16, 2:01 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Need a gif of that dad from the Goonies ripping up the contract.

PostPosted: August 7 16, 2:01 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

I'm hoping this means more kyle threads like 'my sssiters emiale dogging'

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next