Pre-game chat: Game 2, World Series

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
cabby7588
All-Star

Pre-game chat: Game 2, World Series

Post by cabby7588 »

So anxious or the game tomorrow I have to chat about it.

Rogers vs Weaver.
Lineups? Here's what I got

Eckstein-SS
Spiezio-DH (NOT PRESTON!)
Pujols-1B
Rolen-3B
Edmonds-CF (swap with Rolen for lefty)
Encarnacion-RF
Belliard-2B
Molina-C
Taguchi-LF (No doubt)

Predictions? I say Weaver is so pumped after Jones comments/pitching in his old home that he we win 3-1. Rogers will do great but lets up a couple big hits.

By the way...How do the Tiger fans feel about Weaver? He was always their best pitcher when they had him there, so I would have to believe they have at least a little bit of respect for him. Will be fun seeing their reaction tomorrow.

clevername
Bringer of FRBG

Post by clevername »

yes, winning game 2 is big. Winning any World Series game is big.

But, I really, really, really, really want to beat Rogers. I can't stand the guy. Add on top of that all the talk we're hearing about how great he's been in the playoffs and is Detroit's stopper and all that and I'm really wanting him to get beat down.

I like that lineup, though I'm still not crazy about Spiezio as a right handed batter.

clake
All-Star

Post by clake »

Let's see Weaver add to his pitching for a contract!

The Third Man
It rubs the lotion on its skin.

Post by The Third Man »

Both pitchers are facing lineups that favor their skills. I hope the Cardinals learned their lesson from Glavine, we got to him in the second start.

Secret Weapon
Perennial All-Star

Post by Secret Weapon »

clevername wrote: I like that lineup, though I'm still not crazy about Spiezio as a right handed batter.
Spiezio's numbers against Rogers (35 ab's)

.395 avg
.439 obp
.605 slg
1.044 ops

I like Spiezio in the lineup :cool:

cabby7588
All-Star

Post by cabby7588 »

clevername wrote:yes, winning game 2 is big. Winning any World Series game is big.

But, I really, really, really, really want to beat Rogers. I can't stand the guy. Add on top of that all the talk we're hearing about how great he's been in the playoffs and is Detroit's stopper and all that and I'm really wanting him to get beat down.

I like that lineup, though I'm still not crazy about Spiezio as a right handed batter.
Couldn't agree with you more. Spiezio batting right handed isn't great...But I highly doubt Preston plays tomorrow...Or maybe he does, doesn't he hit lefties good?...He's also like 1 for 16 this post-season :oops: :oops:

I've said for weeks Rogers is the kind of pitcher that can dominate us. He dominated the Yankees and Tigers as well, but when we faced him in the regular season he went 5.1 innings and 5 ER...Who knows, as great as he has been pitching we might hit him well.

clevername
Bringer of FRBG

Post by clevername »

whyhellothere wrote:
clevername wrote: I like that lineup, though I'm still not crazy about Spiezio as a right handed batter.

.395 avg
.439 obp
.605 slg
1.044 ops

didn't realize he was that good against Rogers. Nice.

cabby7588
All-Star

Post by cabby7588 »

whyhellothere wrote:

.395 avg
.439 obp
.605 slg
1.044 ops

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

OH MY LORD

StL Dan
banned

Post by StL Dan »

whyhellothere wrote:

.395 avg
.439 obp
.605 slg
1.044 ops

My reaction about the prospects of Speezer in the lineup were the same as whyhellothere's. Then, I read your post, clever. Hmmm.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Not a beef... just a question... but why was Yadi back in the 8 hole after being swapped with Belly in game 7? Seemed like a great move. Why not stick with it?