Pre-game chat: Game 2, World Series

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
fulldeck
Perennial All-Star

Post by fulldeck »

EastonBlues22 wrote:
pujolswrox wrote:Not a beef... just a question... but why was Yadi back in the 8 hole after being swapped with Belly in game 7? Seemed like a great move. Why not stick with it?
No need to have the speed in the 8 hole with an AL lineup...no pitcher so no need to bunt over the runner. With AL lineups, small ball strategies like that are pretty much a waste of time.
TLR has said he thinks of the #9 hitter as a 2nd leadoff guy in AL parks.

fulldeck
Perennial All-Star

Post by fulldeck »

Suicide_Squeeze wrote:I know this is somewhat off-topic, but did anyone notice last night that the team let Reyes get to the front of the line when they came to meet each other? I thought that was a nice sign of respect. :cool: Also, Jimmy wrapped his arm around Reyes' head and whispered something to him. I'd pay bars of gold to heart what it was....
I noticed that last night and thought it was very cool. This team just rocks.

fanforever
Retired

Post by fanforever »

If the game is indeed played tonight, the Weather may help the Cards against Rogers.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

businessmansspecial wrote:one of the "Sports Reporters" said that Leland made the mistake to pitch to Pujols because he forgot and thought he was pitching to A-Rod.

Good stuff.
Most of the "Sports Reporters" are also still picking the Tigers, even if they lose again tonight. They cite 1976 & 1986 when the Yanks and Mets lost the 1st 2 at home and still won (love how they cram in as many NYC references as they can in 30 mins).

I love disrespect. (I know someone will now post a statistical analysis that shows teams losing the first two at home and then facing the other team's two best pitchers on the road virtually assures them of a championship, but that's ok. The more disrespect, the better. :verycool: )

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

I think that Rogers is the kind of pitcher that the Redbirds can get all over. But, he's at an advantage because we haven't seen a whole lot of him over the years.

My lineup:

Eck
Speezer, DH
Pujols
Rolen
JuanE
Edmonds
Belliard
Molina
Wilson/Tags, LF

I wouldn't be opposed to having Taguchi in left field. I haven't made up my mind yet, so I went with either right now. Taguchi is probably a better fit, but for some reason I think we might need one more power bat in that lineup. Call it a gut feeling.

stretch
Perennial All-Star

Post by stretch »

I wasn't able to be in chat last night and since we won, I won't be there tonight, either. :(

In fact, I'm going to turn my computer off, just as it was last night. :) I'm trying to keep things just the same as they were yesterday. #-o

Suicide_Squeeze
Veteran Player

Post by Suicide_Squeeze »

stretch wrote:I wasn't able to be in chat last night and since we won, I won't be there tonight, either. :(

In fact, I'm going to turn my computer off, just as it was last night. :) I'm trying to keep things just the same as they were yesterday. #-o
I'm going to wear the same stuff I had on last night...including my Cardinals scrunchee, which, I should tell you all, somehow fell in the toilet. I fished it out and dried it off, but man, this is devotion. :puke: :pale:

StL Dan
banned

Post by StL Dan »

Suicide_Squeeze wrote:
stretch wrote:I wasn't able to be in chat last night and since we won, I won't be there tonight, either. :(

I'm going to wear the same stuff I had on last night...including my Cardinals scrunchee, which, I should tell you all, somehow fell in the toilet. I fished it out and dried it off, but man, this is devotion. :puke: :pale:
That is nasty...but, I respect your desire to not screw things up for the rest of us. :D

stretch
Perennial All-Star

Post by stretch »

Suicide_Squeeze wrote:

I just gave you a standing ovation. =D>