WS Game 4: Post Game Thread

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
longhornbaseball
Perennial All-Star

Post by longhornbaseball »

TimeForGuinness wrote:
longhornbaseball wrote:
stretch wrote:
longhornbaseball wrote:The Cardinals are going to win the World Series. I just hope it happens tomorrow. Downtown will be a giant party til Monday morning.
No jinxes please.

The Cardinals SHOULD win. :wink:
This is the first offseason I've not practiced any superstitions. I said they'd win the NLCS after game 5. The Cardinals are going to win the World Series.
No jinx.

Stop it longhorn....seriously, it isn't over yet.

I am excited too, but I remember '85 and '87 vividly.
Saying the Cardinals will win a series before they've clinched has become a superstition. It's worked so far. '85 and '87 didn't have Chris Carpenter. :wink:

I_Bleed_Red
All-Star

Post by I_Bleed_Red »

Those pitchers needed it as well.

Who would of thought that Tyler Johnson would be so clutch or Flores or JOSH FREAGGIN KINNEY? This bodes real well

indyredbird
All-Star

Post by indyredbird »

longhornbaseball wrote:
TimeForGuinness wrote:
longhornbaseball wrote:
stretch wrote:
longhornbaseball wrote:The Cardinals are going to win the World Series. I just hope it happens tomorrow. Downtown will be a giant party til Monday morning.
No jinxes please.

The Cardinals SHOULD win. :wink:
This is the first offseason I've not practiced any superstitions. I said they'd win the NLCS after game 5. The Cardinals are going to win the World Series.
No jinx.

Stop it longhorn....seriously, it isn't over yet.

I am excited too, but I remember '85 and '87 vividly.
Saying the Cardinals will win a series before they've clinched has become a superstition. It's worked so far. '85 and '87 didn't have Chris Carpenter. :wink:
Yes Longhorn needs to be stopped. Tape his fingers together or break his keyboard, whatever necessary

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer

Post by TimeForGuinness »

GatewaySnayke wrote:It really wouldn't surprise me if Tony left. I think he should. He went through the most grinding season, bickered with players and might end this long and trying season with a World Series, officially cementing his legacy as one of the great Cardinal managers.

I have very mixed feelings about La Russa, but if the Cardinals win this thing, it would be very fitting for him to go out this way.
I really hope TLR doesn't leave.

This is the perfect town and atmosphere for him to coach in.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

TimeForGuinness wrote:
GatewaySnayke wrote:It really wouldn't surprise me if Tony left. I think he should. He went through the most grinding season, bickered with players and might end this long and trying season with a World Series, officially cementing his legacy as one of the great Cardinal managers.

I have very mixed feelings about La Russa, but if the Cardinals win this thing, it would be very fitting for him to go out this way.
I really hope TLR doesn't leave.

This is the perfect town and atmosphere for him to coach in.
If we win, I hope he stays. Hell, if we lose, I still hope he stays. He is a Cardinal now, and always will be.

Agent25
Everyday Player

Post by Agent25 »

ECK!!!!!!!!

I can smell it, and it smells damn good.

One more baby! One more!

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

How amazing is that the Cards are where they are right now due in huge part to the efforts of Wainwright and Molina?

How about Yadier!!??

Oh, and Gooch. Can't forget that Gooch has been key.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

G. Keenan wrote:How amazing is that the Cards are where they are right now due in huge part to the efforts of Wainwright and Molina?

How about Yadier!!??

Oh, and Gooch. Can't forget that Gooch has been key.
These are the things that our past postseason failures have lacked. Role players stepping up consistently.

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer

Post by TimeForGuinness »

Wainwright and Molina...love that combo.

BTW, did anyone see Molina almost throw out Guillen from his KNEES?!?!?!

Agent25
Everyday Player

Post by Agent25 »

Molina is tearing the cover off the ball. Where was this all year? Not that I care at this point.