Post game-2006 World Series Champions-

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

stlouie_lipp wrote:First the Steelers, and now the Cards...can my sports world get any better?
Probably not.

JohnDoolittle
Veteran Player

Post by JohnDoolittle »

Radbird wrote:Nights like the one we just had are so bizarre. I was on the cell to my daughter for the 9th inning. The home phone started ringing before the pile of Cardinals was fully formed on the diamond. Sisters, nieces, nephews, cousins. Calling me, calling her, emails flying in, IMs going crazy. A victory kiss with the wife. A victory slurp from the dogs. A long awaited champagne toast. More calls. Listening to FlashChat go nuts. Doing the Albert sky-pointing thing and toasting Grandma, who is celebrating with Grandpa and Uncle Tom and Aunt Pat somewhere up there. Wondering how it would feel to have been downtown last night. Thinking about the now empty lot where the fireworks were set off and all the memories. El Birdos. Cha Cha. Gibby. 1.12. 17Ks. Flood. Redemption. Brock. 105. 118. Bleacher Bum. 1982. Powder Blues. Willie. Sutter. Celebrate. 1985. The Heat Is On. Walking Underwear. Tudor. Ozzie. Jack Clark. Go Crazy. 1998. Mac. Maris. 62. 70. Pardon me while I stand and applaud. Tribute to America. Jack Buck. DK57. RIP. 3 Night in August. TLR. El Hombre. Scotty. Old School. Jimmy. MV3. Matty Mo. Woody. Matheny. ER. Reggie. Walker. Group hug.

I have to call Mom today. And Dad too.

:TimeForGuinness: :toast:
Good stuff Radbird! Made me want to shed a few tears in memory of past celebrations. Happy ones though!

Faceman
Perennial All-Star

Post by Faceman »

I was out of internet range over the weekend. . .

Amazing feeling - still not sure it's sunk in yet. . .

Watching the parade now - wish I was there. .

Unbelieveable.

Congrats Cards and Cardinal Nation.

Congrats also to my friends at GRB. . . best Cards board around. .

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Post by JackofDiamonds »

WoooOOOOooooooOO!

This feeling doesn't get old.