GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently November 19 17, 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Benchwarmer Baseball
PostPosted: November 3 17, 7:50 am 
Hall Of Famer

This is the lineup of the team that won their league:
Lineup:
1 Matt Joyce OF
2 Domingo Santana OF
3 Jose Abreu 1B
4 Justin Upton OF
5 Luis Valbuena DH
6 Mike Moustakas 3B
7 Yangervis Solarte SS
8 Salvador Perez C
9 Starlin Castro 2B

Bench:
Steven Pearce
Freddy Galvis
Guillermo Heredia
Johan Camargo
Drew Butera

Rotation:
Max Scherzer
Jose Quintana
Luke Weaver
Dallas Keuchel
Clayton Richard

Spot starters:
Ty Blach
Jason Vargas

Bullpen:
Brad Hand
Drew Steckenrider
Blake Parker
George Kontos
Jacob Barnes

They only use games from the 2nd half for the playoffs. That's why Weaver is #3 in the rotation, and why Valbuena is batting 5th (.866 OPS in the 2nd half). There are 14 more roster spots not shown - 4 spots to stash any player and 10 "minor league" spots for players with a salary below 250K (this is basically minor leaguers, rookies, or guys without many MLB games in prior seasons).

Post subject: Re: Benchwarmer Baseball
PostPosted: November 13 17, 1:09 pm 
Hall Of Famer

My one team that made that Benchwarmer Bash lost in the first round 4 games to 2.

The salaries for next year are out, and there is a trading period. After that you have to cut your roster to 28 players, and you get your salary cap money. My one team with the gigantic pile of prospects is going to have to trade some of them. Too many prospects to carry them all and still keep some of my good players already at the MLB level. Another team has the opposite problem - not enough cheap players and a bunch of very high salaries. That team will have to unload at least 1 really good MLB player due to salary (most likely Corey Seager). The other 5 teams are in pretty decent shape to roll back most of their roster while trying to make some smaller improvements. And 3 of those 5 won their division, another was over .500 so that makes sense.

The 1 of those 5 that was below .500 is in trouble if Longoria and Trumbo are going to be 20 HR guys going forward. They also had Odor and Schwarber who both sucked for much of last season. Conforto was hurt half the season. They did snag Marcus Semien as a free agent (someone cut due to injury). If Semien and Conforto are healthy all season, that will help, but I don't know if I can count on a rebound from all those guys. Probably due for a shake up.