Trade offer

Talk about fantasy sports here
stlmark
Perennial All-Star

Post by stlmark »

Planet, I would deal harden for Papelbon and play Kinsler.

clevername
Bringer of FRBG

Post by clevername »

Harden will be hurt sometime in the next month or two, then that 1.50 ERA through 12 IP would have hurt even more if you had kept him.

He burns me every single year. I finally stayed away from him this year...but drafted Prior in a couple of leagues.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

That trade was a tough decision either way, planet. But maybe this observation will help:

I watched some of Harden's start last night, and he reminds me a lot of Prior. Lots of promise, good chance of injury, but nibbles way too much. Yeah, he could throw a complete game or two, but only if he faces an aggressive team. I watched him walk Konerko when he had him 0-2, and Paulie was waaaay late on Harden's fastball, barely fouling it off.

And I'll take the Prior comparison one step further: I think everyone's waiting for Harden to pull another 2003 Prior. But so far, he's given us only flashes of brilliance.

Meanwhile, you know what you're going to get out of Papelbon.

So, if you enjoy consistency over potential, you made the right move.

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Post by TheoSqua »

It was a good trade for both of you.

He had way too many closers and Harden was the best deal he was gonna get. (I offered him Lowe for Lidge and he declined). Papelbon is a stud, you've got to take him in that trade. He's a keeper worthy closer and Harden hasn't proben anything. Neither are so "cornerstone" to your team that one of them going down would break your season, but both have the potential to be studs in the future.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

TheoSqua wrote:(I offered him Lowe for Lidge and he declined).
Lucky you.

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

Another trade offer, I get Sexson, he gets Edmonds. The only problem with this deal is that I have Helton and Giambi and I usually use one of them as the utility guy, so I have little use for another 1st baseman. Otherwise, I'd do it in a second. As you can imagine, I haven't started Edmonds.

stlmark
Perennial All-Star

Post by stlmark »

planet pujolsian wrote:Another trade offer, I get Sexson, he gets Edmonds. The only problem with this deal is that I have Helton and Giambi and I usually use one of them as the utility guy, so I have little use for another 1st baseman. Otherwise, I'd do it in a second. As you can imagine, I haven't started Edmonds.
Do it and then you can deal from a position of strength. Edmonds is worth nothing in fantasy.