Brad Lidge

Talk about fantasy sports here
Swatcat27
All-Star

Brad Lidge

Post by Swatcat27 »

Someone in my 12-team H2H league dropped him...
I have saved my number 1 waiver priority for something big.

Would it be wise to pick him up hoping Wheeler blows it or Lidge gets traded somewhere to be the closer ?

I'm set at closer - Todd Jones, Izzy & Torres (but has been rocked of late and I would like to trade him for some hitting help if Lidge were to close somewhere or even in Houston)..

Go or No go ?

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

I'd hold that #1 spot for someone like Bailey or Hughes or Linecum or Pence.

But that's just me.

stlmark
Perennial All-Star

Post by stlmark »

No go on Lidge. Use that #1 priority for someone else.

Swatcat27
All-Star

Post by Swatcat27 »

mikechamp wrote:I'd hold that #1 spot for someone like Bailey or Hughes or Linecum or Pence.

But that's just me.
who has got the best stuff of these ? I picked up Lincecum from the FA pool hoping he will get called up soon - looks like he is lighting up AAA.
I still have my waiver 1 priority & guys like Buehrle to drop off my roster.

my pitching looks like this (this is a 12 team H2H league).

Dice-K
Zambrano
Zito
Schmidt
Wang
Kip Wells
Colon
Buehrle
Lincecum
Kenny Rogers (DL)

Todd Jones
Izzy
Torres

I would like a power pitcher for someone like Buehrle.

Swatcat27
All-Star

Post by Swatcat27 »

Swatcat27 wrote: I still have my waiver 1 priority & guys like Buehrle to drop off my roster.
I should have Jim Hendry's job.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Swatcat27 wrote:who has got the best stuff of these ? I picked up Lincecum from the FA pool hoping he will get called up soon - looks like he is lighting up AAA.

Dice-K
Zambrano
Zito
Schmidt
Wang
Kip Wells
Colon
Buehrle
Lincecum
Kenny Rogers (DL)

Todd Jones
Izzy
Torres

Sorry about the delay in response. I was in CA all last week.

The only problem I see with your staff is that it's feast or famine. Wang, Schmidt & Rogers are on the DL, and Colon just got off the DL. Linecum isn't up yet, so IMO, you've got 5 out of 10 that are dependable starters. And this coming from a guy who wouldn't at all be surprised if one day Zambrano throws a strike, with his hand and arm still attached to the ball.

I also wouldn't be surprised if, at the end of the season, we end up saying Matsuzaka is a nice #3 starter. I just don't like his downward trend as he faces tougher opponents (KC, SEA, TOR, NYY). I think he'll be a great source of Ks (and K/BB, if that applies to you), but his ERA will be higher than people anticipated and I don't think he'll have the W-L record that some thought he might. He's also not going as deep into games as I thought he might, but that could be because it's still early in the season and Francona is a little hesitant to have him throw 150 pitches.

I really think Zito will be fine, regardless of what some of the fantasy experts are saying.

May want to hold on to Buehrle for a little while longer. Or sell high. Your call, and I could make points either way.

You've got a good staff in a 12-team league; don't get me wrong. At this point, you (and I) are just nitpicking. How many can you start every day/week?

Is Otsuka still available, or was he gobbled up this morning? Good source of holds, even if Gagne comes back healthy.

Swatcat27
All-Star

Post by Swatcat27 »

mikechamp wrote:
Swatcat27 wrote:who has got the best stuff of these ? I picked up Lincecum from the FA pool hoping he will get called up soon - looks like he is lighting up AAA.

Dice-K
Zambrano
Zito
Schmidt
Wang
Kip Wells
Colon
Buehrle
Lincecum
Kenny Rogers (DL)

Todd Jones
Izzy
Torres

Sorry about the delay in response. I was in CA all last week.

The only problem I see with your staff is that it's feast or famine. Wang, Schmidt & Rogers are on the DL, and Colon just got off the DL. Linecum isn't up yet, so IMO, you've got 5 out of 10 that are dependable starters. And this coming from a guy who wouldn't at all be surprised if one day Zambrano throws a strike, with his hand and arm still attached to the ball.

I also wouldn't be surprised if, at the end of the season, we end up saying Matsuzaka is a nice #3 starter. I just don't like his downward trend as he faces tougher opponents (KC, SEA, TOR, NYY). I think he'll be a great source of Ks (and K/BB, if that applies to you), but his ERA will be higher than people anticipated and I don't think he'll have the W-L record that some thought he might. He's also not going as deep into games as I thought he might, but that could be because it's still early in the season and Francona is a little hesitant to have him throw 150 pitches.

I really think Zito will be fine, regardless of what some of the fantasy experts are saying.

May want to hold on to Buehrle for a little while longer. Or sell high. Your call, and I could make points either way.

You've got a good staff in a 12-team league; don't get me wrong. At this point, you (and I) are just nitpicking. How many can you start every day/week?

Is Otsuka still available, or was he gobbled up this morning? Good source of holds, even if Gagne comes back healthy.
Good to see you back mike....More than Dice-K, I'm more worried about Schmidt, I thought he was going to be my ace, drafted him high & now is throwing fastballs in the lower 80s. I love Kip Wells but I have to use my waiver 1 on Phil Hughes dropping him..Behind that offense, an average pitcher can be a star.