ESPN Fantasy Preview for the Cards

Talk about fantasy sports here
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

ESPN Fantasy Preview for the Cards

Post by mikechamp »

Check out the bolded sentence, which comes from the last paragraph of the preview. I had to read it 3 times, and I'm still saying WTF. I would expect something like this from a sports talk blowhard, but not from a fantasy analyst.
Will Harris wrote:The pitching situation isn't any rosier. The track records and peripheral statistics of Pineiro and Looper say that they're unlikely to repeat even last season's mediocre numbers. Carpenter, Mulder and Clement are a M.A.S.H. unit with rosin bags, tossing only 17 combined innings last season, and Reyes has been in full-blown regression for three straight years. The top four options in the bullpen -- Isringhausen, Franklin, Flores and Springer -- average 36 years of age and have underlying skills that range from modest to downright bad. Wainwright could well be the only mainstay worth owning at his probable draft price, and he's not likely to get much support from the offense or bullpen. This is an old team full of bad contracts and health risks that's poised to miss the playoffs by a country mile. Expect La Russa and Pujols to land with another franchise soon so that the rebuilding can commence in earnest. St. Louis fans should hunker down over a slab of ribs from C & K and start wondering if the Rams will be any good this fall.
http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/baseb ... stlpreview

AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD

Re: ESPN Fantasy Preview for the Cards

Post by AdmiralKird »