A-Rod?

Talk about fantasy sports here
planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

A-Rod?

Post by planet planet »

If you had a draft tonight, where would you draft A-Rod? I have the 9th pick which is why I'm asking.

clake
All-Star

Re: A-Rod?

Post by clake »

He fell to me in the third round (23rd overall). I couldn't pass him up there and I'm pretty sure he would have been gone at 27 judging the reaction of that owner.

BenNX74205
All-Star

Post by BenNX74205 »

Third round at best. He's going to sit on your bench for a couple months, and may not be "A-Rod" until the second half. Yeah, he'll be great when he gets back into form, but those top picks really need to be the solid foundation of your team in fantasy baseball. If you're 9th in a 10-team draft I'd say pencil him into your 4th round pick (32nd overall) and if he's gone by there you'll know you have a strong core and a bunch of top players that will play the whole season (or have a better than 0% chance of doing so).

stldogget05
Veteran Player

Post by stldogget05 »

It depends on the type of league too. If it is an H2H league I would be more apt to take him earlier because what really matters is the playoffs at the end of the year when he'll be playing. If it's roto then not as much. That being said I probably wouldn't take him until the third round. For my first few picks I want known quantities not question marks.

PujolJunkie
Hall Of Famer

Post by PujolJunkie »

stldogget05 wrote:It depends on the type of league too. If it is an H2H league I would be more apt to take him earlier because what really matters is the playoffs at the end of the year when he'll be playing. If it's roto then not as much. That being said I probably wouldn't take him until the third round. For my first few picks I want known quantities not question marks.
That's if his hip holds up for 5 months. I still don't think it will.

cpebbles
Perennial All-Star

Post by cpebbles »

On Baseball Tonight, someone was saying that the Yankees were concerned that if he comes back and isn't immediately performing at near 100%, he's going to start to blaming the hip and mulling getting it permanently fixed in mid-season. I don't really pay much attention to amateur psychoanalysis, and he came back awfully strong from his only previous major injury in 1999, but that thought is at least bouncing around.

clevername
Bringer of FRBG

Post by clevername »

it seems to me they're just questioning his mental makeup. Given his recent behavior that's not really out of line, but the more we learn about ARod the more it sounds like his recent behavior is the norm for him. I don't know that there's any indication he's mentally weak.

I won him at $23 in my auction last night and was pleased.

clake
All-Star

Post by clake »

From cbssportsline:
A-Rod's return date moved up

Alex Rodriguez, 3B NYY
News: The New York Post reports that a Yankees official thinks Yankees 3B Alex Rodriguez will be back on the field by late April. Rodriguez is expected to move his rehab to the team's minor league complex in Tampa within the next 10 days.
Take it for what it's worth coming from a nameless official.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

clevername wrote:it seems to me they're just questioning his mental makeup. Given his recent behavior that's not really out of line, but the more we learn about ARod the more it sounds like his recent behavior is the norm for him. I don't know that there's any indication he's mentally weak.

I won him at $23 in my auction last night and was pleased.
I got him for $28 in an auction keeper league, and couldn't be happier. I wanted to have 5 studs to keep (our keeper number) for next year and spent to get them. I'll probably suck this year, but built a foundation. (Reyes, Utley, A-Rod, Beltran, Billingsley)

He went in late second round in my other league, a H2H league.

clevername
Bringer of FRBG

Post by clevername »

yeah, he's going to help my offense be pretty sick for a while

I got Pujols, Miguel Cabrera, and A Rod in that auction along with Rollins, Pedroia, Soriano, and Vlad.

Of course, the money I saved on A Rod was already used overspending for Albert, but we won't count that against me.