Stupid Thread

Talk about fantasy sports here
cards2468
Hall Of Famer

Stupid Thread

Post by cards2468 »

I titles this stupid thread so that you don't have any great expectations prior to clicking on the link to open this thread.

I recently took over managing the Toronto Blue Jays in a OOTP 9 SIM league. Apparently before the season their files went corrupt so they just gave everybody the 2009 opening day rosters and minor league systems, so it's pretty nice having essentially a current MLB team to work with. Makes it very easy to use books I recently received to evaluate players.

Anyway, being the loser that I am, I'm thinking about buying a Blue Jays hat (when I was younger I collected MLB hats, didn't have any of the Blue Jays, though). So I go on their site because I can't quite remember what they're hats look like since they're 1 of those teams who seem to get a new logo every year, and I must say, their current hat is butt ugly. It would be cool as a hockey logo or something, but it doesn't belong on a baseball cap. So they also have their old school hat which I really like the logo of, but that old school white front panel is cheesy to me. yea, I know so many teams used to have that, but there's a reason they did away with it. Why can't they just make an all royal blue hat with that logo, drop the baseball from behind it, and use that as their main logo? I mean, c'mon, they're the BLUE Jays. Blue is such a great color, why not embrace it? So anyway, what hat would you guys get?

Here's the hats for reference:

if the mods feel that this doesn't belong in Fantasy Sports, feel free to move it. I really have no idea where it belongs. It could probably be Baseball or Rants/Raves.

jeffbgoofy
All-Star

Re: Stupid Thread

Post by jeffbgoofy »

I'd get em both if I was a Jays fan, but the newer one is just a bit cooler to me...

cards2468
Hall Of Famer

Post by cards2468 »

jeffbgoofy wrote:I'd get em both if I was a Jays fan, but the newer one is just a bit cooler to me...
Not really a Jays fan, though if they put together a good season I'd definitely root for them to win the AL East. Maybe I'll get the new 1, just because the white on the old hat looks ridiculous to me.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

this is one of my favorite hats ever.

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Post by JackofDiamonds »

haltz wrote:Image
+

cards2468
Hall Of Famer

Post by cards2468 »

JackofDiamonds wrote:
haltz wrote:Image
+
Maybe I'll go look at them in person and see if I feel different. I love the logo from the old hat, and love that they actually used royal blue, but the white is still a turn off.