Trade, Aaron Hill, Jays and Twins

Talk about fantasy sports here
cards2468
Hall Of Famer

Trade, Aaron Hill, Jays and Twins

Post by cards2468 »

We're in the 2010 season in our sim league, I just inheritted the Blue Jays, and while we are doing alright (1/2 game back of 1st about 1/4 of the way into the season), I need to eventually cut down the budget and I'd like to add some young talent in the process (don't we all).

The Twins have contacted me with interest in 2b Aaron Hill. He's playing great this season in our sim. (.432 .490 .750). Hill is making $4 mill this year and is signed through 2012. The Twins GM said if I can take a player in the deal to ensure he doesn't add to his payroll, he can include "a better prospect". So I'm putting together a list of guys I'm interested in that could be feasible in this deal.

His team and system is about identical to the actual Twins.

The players I'm interested in considering my needs are:
C Wilson Ramos (3rd in BA's organizational ranking)
3b Danny Valencia (5th)
of Angel Morales (10th)
ss Trevor Plouffe (13th)
of Rene Tosoni (18th)
rhp David Bromberg (19th)

I'm thinking about starting at asking for Ramos, Plouffe, Tosoni and Bromberg plus Nick Punto for A. Hill

Punto makes the same amount as Hill, and while he blows this year, last year wasn't too bad, so he shouldn't sim terribly this year (he currently only has 5ab's this year in our league, so I can't tell).

Since I'm not not dropping any salary, do you think I should add more to the list as a starting point? I haven't sent him any offers yet.