FF trade proposal

Talk about fantasy sports here
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

FF trade proposal

Post by JCShutout »

Bennx74205 had asked about making a trade. We both thought it was close, and he went for it (which I thought was the right move). Just wondering what the GRB folks would think.

He traded Vincent Jackson and Ray Rice for Stephen Jackson.

His team now has LT, Darren Sproles, Stephen Jackson, Ryan Grant and Leon Washington at RB,

and Randy Moss, Marques Coleston, ... and a couple of meh guys at WR. The team starts 2rb, 2wr and a flex player.

The thought behind the trade was that replacing a wide receiver would be easier than a rb, and even though SJax is on a crappy team, he's gonna get 25 carries a game and a few throws his way every week. We figure he might be slightly downgrading at worst, with the chance of finding a solid wr/flex guy later in the year on the waiver wire.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Re: FF trade proposal

Post by phins »

I would not have made that trade...by the end of the season Ray Rice could be outproducing Steven Jackson on his own, and Vincent Jackson is a stud.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

I wouldn't have made it either.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

I can see the negatives, but I he's active on the waiver wire, I think he'll grab a sims-walker type of up and coming wr who will reload that depth. His starters at rb, wr and flex are:

RB: LT/Sproles (yikes this week)
RB: S Jax
WR: R Moss
WR: M Coleston
Flex: Ryan Grant

That's not too shabby.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

JCShutout wrote:I can see the negatives, but I he's active on the waiver wire, I think he'll grab a sims-walker type of up and coming wr who will reload that depth. His starters at rb, wr and flex are:

RB: LT/Sproles (yikes this week)
RB: S Jax
WR: R Moss
WR: M Coleston
Flex: Ryan Grant

That's not too shabby.
I would take Ray Rice over Steven Jackson straight up. Then adding in that I'd be able to match up with Vincent Jackson/Colton/Grant, and this is clearly a lose trade for your friend IMHO.