Baseball DMB league trade proposal

Talk about fantasy sports here
cards2468
Hall Of Famer

Baseball DMB league trade proposal

Post by cards2468 »

our league has no contracts and no money involved with the players, what you have is yours until you no longer want it

I just got in the league and we took 4 teams (mostly the lower level teams who wanted a shot at a better team) plus their rosters and had a draft.

I ended up with an ok team, probably a .500 team, but I'm in the toughest division in the league and have 2 juggernaut teams above me, so I'm dealing off my better players to improve my chances a year or 2 from now.

right now the deal sits at me giving up:

CF Franklin Gutierrez
1B Nick Johnson
P Tyler Chatwood (young hard throwing pitcher in Angels system, only 5'11" and probably will be moved to the pen eventually)
3B Neftali Soto (in Reds system, they don't think he's good enough defensively to stay at 3b, yet doesn't have the bat to make it as an OF, IMO)

I would get

CF Dexter Fowler
C Alex Avila (22 yr old catcher made to the Tigers last year and raked, he's always been a good hitter, but only has 2 years of catching experience under him)
P Trevor May (great build, solid pitcher, just played a full season in A ball where he threw 77 innings and struck out 11 per 9 innings)
CF Cedric Hunter (21 yrs old, was regarded as the Padres near future CFer but this past year struggled in AA, I'm hoping for a rebound)
3b/2b Blake DeWitt