This threads for you, lopsided trade proposal guy.

Talk about fantasy sports here
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: This threads for you, lopsided trade proposal guy.

Post by Jocephus »

im always a bit nervous to propose a trade 'cause i don't want to seem like im insulting the other party

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Jocephus wrote:im always a bit nervous to propose a trade 'cause i don't want to seem like im insulting the other party
don't be. the worst thing that can happen is it will end up in this thread.

to counter the guy I proposed Wright for Hanson and heyward (since he was after wright) and thought it might be insulting but haven't heard back yet...

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Post by TheoSqua »

Jocephus wrote:im always a bit nervous to propose a trade 'cause i don't want to seem like im insulting the other party
I'd just offer it. If someone's going to get offended about a fantasy baseball trade then that's a personal problem they need to deal with. Besides most people tend to initially offer slightly unfair trades so they have better positioning for a counter offer.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Mike Leake and Pedro Alvarez for Big Z, James Loney and O Cabrera.

This was actually accepted.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Mike Leake and Pedro Alvarez for Big Z, James Loney and O Cabrera.

This was actually accepted.

Tell me your league vetoed it. Wait, is this a keeper league?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

yes it's a keepr league. still, it's early to be dumping everyone for Alvarez.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:yes it's a keepr league. still, it's early to be dumping everyone for Alvarez.

True. If it was for Cabrera or Big Z, I could understand that but not both of them and Loney.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Yeah, you somewhat, kind of make a case for Z for Leake since Leake is a $1 guy. Okay, it's lopsided but, understandable. Then, you have OC AND Loney for Alvarez. That's a ton. If the guys going to give up the 3 he is giving up this early in the season while trying to build a new team, he needs to get either Heyward or Strausburg, imho. He's in last place, so I understand trying to build for the future....but Alvarez? That's not that big of an impact. Especially when he could just grab Gamel if he's willing to hold onto a AAA guy for the future. Who knows where Gamel ends up, but it's likely to be pretty close to where Alvarez is going.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Yeah, you somewhat, kind of make a case for Z for Leake since Leake is a $1 guy. Okay, it's lopsided but, understandable. Then, you have OC AND Loney for Alvarez. That's a ton. If the guys going to give up the 3 he is giving up this early in the season while trying to build a new team, he needs to get either Heyward or Strausburg, imho. He's in last place, so I understand trying to build for the future....but Alvarez? That's not that big of an impact. Especially when he could just grab Gamel if he's willing to hold onto a AAA guy for the future. Who knows where Gamel ends up, but it's likely to be pretty close to where Alvarez is going.

Exactly. I think he realizes his team isn't going to be good this year, from what you described, but when you do that with those 3 players, it makes no sense. He just tanked the season, IMO.

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Post by TheoSqua »

some players equate "keeper" to "farm system". We had someone draft Colby Rasmus in 2007