Official Fantasy Trade Thread

Talk about fantasy sports here
vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Re: Official Fantasy Trade Thread

Post by vinsanity »

cardslesson101 wrote:I have other starters as well(who I won't even consider dropping): Felix Hernandez, Jered Weaver and Clayton Richard. I'd throw Romero into that category as well. So, should I drop Wolf or someone else?
Ya prolly wolf.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

vinsanity wrote:
cardslesson101 wrote:I have other starters as well(who I won't even consider dropping): Felix Hernandez, Jered Weaver and Clayton Richard. I'd throw Romero into that category as well. So, should I drop Wolf or someone else?
Ya prolly wolf.

Done. I have Bruce on the bench, as well as Swisher. Do I drop one of them to get a SS because Bartlett is hurt?

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

cardslesson101 wrote:
vinsanity wrote:
Ya prolly wolf.

Done. I have Bruce on the bench, as well as Swisher. Do I drop one of them to get a SS because Bartlett is hurt?
If you wanna just pay me $20 I'll run your team for you.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

vinsanity wrote:
cardslesson101 wrote:
vinsanity wrote:
Ya prolly wolf.

If you wanna just pay me $20 I'll run your team for you.

:cool: Close, but no cigar. I was thinking of dropping Wolf for awhile.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

cardslesson101 wrote:
vinsanity wrote:
Ya prolly wolf.

I'm not big on Swisher, not huge on Bruce either. IF you don't have a SS it would depend on the options out there, scoring, league depth, keeper, trade options etc.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

vinsanity wrote:
cardslesson101 wrote:
vinsanity wrote:
Ya prolly wolf.

I'm not big on Swisher, not huge on Bruce either. IF you don't have a SS it would depend on the options out there, scoring, league depth, keeper, trade options etc.
Bartlett is my only option and he's hurt. My OF is under performing, Granderson just came back, I picked up Soriano the very reason I picked up Glaus, because he was hot. It came back to bite me. Might just drop Soriano to get Cabrera, it may be a keeper next year. Esocbar and Cabrera are the only SS I would consider adding via FA.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

cardslesson101 wrote:Bartlett is my only option and he's hurt. My OF is under performing, Granderson just came back, I picked up Soriano the very reason I picked up Glaus, because he was hot. It came back to bite me. Might just drop Soriano to get Cabrera, it may be a keeper next year. Esocbar and Cabrera are the only SS I would consider adding via FA.
If it's going to be a keeper next year push for a fresh draft, not keeping players from this year. I hate that.

If you're not gonna put Soriano in the OF every day, I'd pick up Cabrera to put in, he won't hurt you as much as some others.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

Oh and everyone realizes my only Fantasy baseball credentials are:

Being 12th of 12 in my 14 Cat League....

(And beating Planet like a red headed step child).

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

vinsanity wrote:
cardslesson101 wrote:Bartlett is my only option and he's hurt. My OF is under performing, Granderson just came back, I picked up Soriano the very reason I picked up Glaus, because he was hot. It came back to bite me. Might just drop Soriano to get Cabrera, it may be a keeper next year. Esocbar and Cabrera are the only SS I would consider adding via FA.
If it's going to be a keeper next year push for a fresh draft, not keeping players from this year. I hate that.

If you're not gonna put Soriano in the OF every day, I'd pick up Cabrera to put in, he won't hurt you as much as some others.

Well, right now Soriano is one my starting OFers. So, I'm looking at dropping him or Swisher/Bruce.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

cardslesson101 wrote:
vinsanity wrote:

Well, right now Soriano is one my starting OFers. So, I'm looking at dropping him or Swisher/Bruce.
I just look at the ZIPS predictions from Fangraphs, historical splits (are they second half players?), what kind of team they are on and how I expected them to do going forward. I personally, without research, like Swisher the least of the three.