Official Fantasy Trade Thread

Talk about fantasy sports here
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Official Fantasy Trade Thread

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Sorry, Mary and everyone else who has started one of these, but this is going to be a popular subject up through august and instead of piggy backing on everyone else's threads or starting a new thread for 5-6 posts, it might be better to get an 'official' thread to go to.
I've been offered Johnny Damon, Garrett Jones, Carlos Zambrano, and Jake Peavy for Ichiro Suzuki and Jonathan Broxton. What say you, GRB?
So, to answer Mary's question, I would probably do it. I think Z will rebound and despite his decline will be productive. I like Peavy and I am somewhat more optimistic than most on Jones. And, I think Ichiro has lost a step or two, hence being caught stealing twice already this season. Broxton is good, not great.

So, I'd do it.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Re: Official Fantasy Trade Thread

Also, I started this threat because I love reading trades and looking at them.

And, finally, I have a trade that I wanted to get everyone's opinion on.

In the standard rotissierie league NL only 10 teams with keepers, I was thinking about this trade:

Jason Heyward and Yunel Escobar for Hanley Ramirez and Rod Barajas.

The guy with Heyward is in 4th place one point out of 3rd with horrible catchers (2 starting on each team in the league). The guy with HanRam is 6th, 7 points out of 3rd place with Michael Stanton and Strausburg weighing him down right now making it tough to keep up in counting stats.

Swingingbunt
All-Star

Post by Swingingbunt »

I've been offered Johnny Damon, Garrett Jones, Carlos Zambrano, and Jake Peavy for Ichiro Suzuki and Jonathan Broxton. What say you, GRB?
I'd probably do it if you can stand to lose Suzuki in terms of counting stats.
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Jason Heyward and Yunel Escobar for Hanley Ramirez and Rod Barajas.

The guy with Heyward is in 4th place one point out of 3rd with horrible catchers (2 starting on each team in the league). The guy with HanRam is 6th, 7 points out of 3rd place with Michael Stanton and Strausburg weighing him down right now making it tough to keep up in counting stats.
In a keeper league I could see the benefit to having Heyward, but HanRam is probably more valuable for the next couple years at least (assuming Heyward continues to show and improve). Barajas isn't great, but if you're starting two catchers on each team he has a lot of value...I'd probably do it depending on what my OF counting stats looked like on either team.

Now for mine.....

I've been offered B.J. Upton and Jake Peavy for Adam Jones and Dan Haren. I'm in a 12 team all ML rotisserie league with the standard counting stats. I currently have Roy Halladay, Mark Buehrle, Scott Baker, and David Price as my other starters. I could use B.J., but am I giving too much?

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

Swingingbunt wrote:
I'd probably do it if you can stand to lose Suzuki in terms of counting stats.
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Jason Heyward and Yunel Escobar for Hanley Ramirez and Rod Barajas.

In a keeper league I could see the benefit to having Heyward, but HanRam is probably more valuable for the next couple years at least (assuming Heyward continues to show and improve). Barajas isn't great, but if you're starting two catchers on each team he has a lot of value...I'd probably do it depending on what my OF counting stats looked like on either team.

Now for mine.....

I've been offered B.J. Upton and Jake Peavy for Adam Jones and Dan Haren. I'm in a 12 team all ML rotisserie league with the standard counting stats. I currently have Roy Halladay, Mark Buehrle, Scott Baker, and David Price as my other starters. I could use B.J., but am I giving too much?
If I'm reading it right and you're the owner of Hanley, I'd run the other way. And if I'm Swinging , I wouldn't do the deal for Upton and Peavy.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Haren is a classic 1st half stud/2nd half disaster, so consider that when contemplating that trade. If nothing else, I view that as a fair trade IMO.

Ok, now mine: I'm in an 8 team all ML custom points league. I've offered Jurrjens, Shields, Andrus and Raul Ibanez for Johan Santana and Rasmus. The potential trade partner is short a couple of pitchers; Santana is the best SP they've got. They are also suffering through the OPS-challenged Asdrubal at SS. My pitching depth is in the form of suspension-free Cliff Lee coming off the DL in 2 weeks.

My query is: Is this trade fair, and would you accept it?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Yes, I'm the owner of HanRam at the auction price of $60 ($260 to start or total) so he's not a keeper, he'll go back on the market and get around that next year. Heyward is $1 this year and next....so it's 1 year of Hanley (this year) essentially for one year of Heyward at $1 next. Escobar was bought for $17. The guy also has Jose Reyes at $20...

As for the Upton/Peavy for Jones/Haren, I'd do it, but as I've already said, I am higher on Peavy than most.

Mike, I don't know about that deal. But, I'd say your offer was more than fair and I'd probably accept the trade pretty quickly.

Edit: I should point out that ROY, Cy Young & MVP all get you about twice your entry fee back.
Last edited by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 on April 21 10, 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Swingingbunt
All-Star

Post by Swingingbunt »

Mike, it seems like a lot to give up, but I expect a little regression from Jurrjens...so it may be possible to fill his numbers with someone off of waivers, especially in an 8 team league. It does seem pretty balanced in terms of counting stats...I'd probably swing that if I was the other guy and short on SP. (How is he short SP in an 8 team league???)

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Swingingbunt wrote:(How is he short SP in an 8 team league???)
We have 4 bench spots, with the design that you use them for SPs and rotate them in and out of your 3 SP spots.

This person has 2 position players rotting away on the bench, hence they are "short" 2 SPs.

Swingingbunt
All-Star

Post by Swingingbunt »

mikechamp wrote:
Swingingbunt wrote:(How is he short SP in an 8 team league???)
We have 4 bench spots, with the design that you use them for SPs and rotate them in and out of your 3 SP spots.

This person has 2 position players rotting away on the bench, hence they are "short" 2 SPs.
Gotcha. not smart obviously.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

I got offered Matt Kemp for Evan Longoria earlier. While I didn't want to take it, for a variety of reasons, I also have David Wright and my OF is Shin-Soo Choo, Brad Hawpe and Ben Zobrist (yes my team is that bad this year - I picked up Starlin Castro to fill in at short, Zobrist has picked it up a bit thankfully).

He's got Teix and Holliday as well as Kemp and really wants a three bagger. I'm playing Konerko right now at first and not 100% sure he'll continue. I'm wondering if there's a way to buy low on teix, sell high on Konerko and pick up one of Kemp/Holliday without dumping Longoria.

I can post all players from both teams if anyone likes discussing this sort of thing.