Talk about fantasy sports here
vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Re: Official Fantasy Trade Thread

Post by vinsanity »

go birds wrote:
vinsanity wrote:My own question:

I've got ~8 potential keepers in one of my leagues,
Votto, A-Rod, Teix, Josh Hamilton, Nelson Cruz, Elvis Andrus, Chris Carpenter and Justin Verlander.

I'm thinking about trying to move one or two to improve the 6 I will keep. Probably one of Carp/Verlander and then one of Hamilton/Cruz, which two should I move and who'd be a good target?
Depends on your needs really. I'd like to see the rest of your team.
McCann
Teix
Wigginton
A-Rod
Andrus
Hawpe
Hamilton
Abreu
Votto

Cruz, Dejesus

Verlander, Carp, Latos, Scott baker, Livan Hernandez, Wandy, Slowey, Fister, Scott Baker Manny Corpas (Street on DL), Aardsma, Heilman

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

That's tough. You could stand to use an upgrade in the outfield, but i feel like your pitching would suffer if you traded away Carp or Verlander.

But if you could prolly net a high upside OFer with either one.

Heck depending on the owner you could prolly swing a Kemp or an Ethier for Carp or Verlander.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

go birds wrote:That's tough. You could stand to use an upgrade in the outfield, but i feel like your pitching would suffer if you traded away Carp or Verlander.

Heck depending on the owner you could prolly swing a Kemp or an Ethier for Carp or Verlander.
That's an interesting thought. Edit - the guy with Kemp and Braun is ruthless. And the guy with Ethier wants Votto.

I'm pretty happy with Cruz/Hamilton/Abreu though in the OF, I was just thinkin Utley would be a great addition.
Last edited by vinsanity on June 4 10, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

vinsanity wrote:
go birds wrote:That's tough. You could stand to use an upgrade in the outfield, but i feel like your pitching would suffer if you traded away Carp or Verlander.

That's an interesting thought.

I'm pretty happy with Cruz/Hamilton/Abreu though in the OF, I was just thinkin Utley would be a great addition.
Actually i take that back about your OF.

For some reason i was thinking Hamilton was having a horrible year, haha. Guess i'm still living in 2009.

If you could net Utley for a Carp/Verlander then by all means, i would do it.

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Post by JackofDiamonds »

I was just offered Orlando Hudson and Mike Leake for Rickie Weeks and Adrian Beltre.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

go birds wrote:
vinsanity wrote:

That's an interesting thought.

Actually i take that back about your OF.

For some reason i was thinking Hamilton was having a horrible year, haha. Guess i'm still living in 2009.

If you could net Utley for a Carp/Verlander then by all means, i would do it.
Well I was thinking of somehting like Carp/Cruz or Verlander/Hamilton or some combo.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

JackofDiamonds wrote:I was just offered Orlando Hudson and Mike Leake for Rickie Weeks and Adrian Beltre.
I would in a heart-beat.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

First place team wants to send Gregg and Choo to me for Aardsma and Street.

Gregg would be my only closer and his team is already pretty stacked. Choo makes my OF pretty spectacular, and gives me another potential keeper to move for an upgrade.
Thoughts?

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

vinsanity wrote:First place team wants to send Gregg and Choo to me for Aardsma and Street.

Gregg would be my only closer and his team is already pretty stacked. Choo makes my OF pretty spectacular, and gives me another potential keeper to move for an upgrade.
Thoughts?

Hmm, Street is hurt right now, IIRC. The Mariners won't win many games, so there are less saving opportunities for Aardsma. Gregg has is closing games out for the Blue Jays, who have won a fair amount of games. Choo is highly underrated. I say take the trade.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Revisting my Lincecum trade...

Would you guys do Lincecum for Teixeira + McCutchen?

I'm prolly gonna end up throwing in Ian Stewart or some other similar caliber type infielder.