Official Fantasy Trade Thread

Talk about fantasy sports here
vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Re: Official Fantasy Trade Thread

Post by vinsanity »

planet pujolsian wrote:Speaking of catchers, do you think Olivo's going to keep it up or would you start Posada when he comes back (supposedly today)?
Multi-hit 5 of last 7 games with decent power. I'd ride that hot hand as long as you can, I'd think it would take Posada some time to get back in to the swing of things.

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

Thanks, vin. Another trade offer, Daisuke for Wandy straight up (I'd be giving up Wandy)? I'm definitely not a big Daisuke fan, but in this league, wins count for a good amount of points. It's a total points league.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

planet pujolsian wrote:Thanks, vin. Another trade offer, Daisuke for Wandy straight up (I'd be giving up Wandy)? I'm definitely not a big Daisuke fan, but in this league, wins count for a good amount of points. It's a total points league.
I like Wandy more than Dice-K at this point - but you'll notice I just grabbed him in our league.

Zips like him to be a full run better, they have Wandy at 8-8 and Dice at 6-6.

I'm always weary of 1-to-1 trades for the same position.

StatmanCrothers
Perennial All-Star

Post by StatmanCrothers »

my nephew keeps trying to get Ryan Braun from me with trades he thinks are going to wow me.

i explained to him that whatever projections I had for players before the season I still consider to be good projections, unless i have reason to believe the player is injured, possibly worn down by age more than expected, etc.

a hot 2 months by Jorge Cantu doesn't impress me.
a hot 2 months by Ubaldo Jimenez doesn't suddenly make him a better prospect than Felix Hernandez.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

StatmanCrothers wrote:a hot 2 months by Ubaldo Jimenez doesn't suddenly make him a better prospect than Felix Hernandez.
I didn't think Jimenez would do what he's done so far, but I think there's reason to believe Jimenez will do better than King Felix for the rest of this season.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

Do I drop Wolf for Glaus? I have Sandoval at 1B right now, but I want to move him back to 3B, Beltre to utility and Swisher to the bench. Morales was my 1B.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

cardslesson101 wrote:Do I drop Wolf for Glaus? I have Sandoval at 1B right now, but I want to move him back to 3B, Beltre to utility and Swisher to the bench. Morales was my 1B.
Wolf is decent starter for now, but I think his production can be replaced fairly easily.

Glaus is pretty hot right now and with your lack of production from 1B it might be worth riding the hot hand.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

vinsanity wrote:
cardslesson101 wrote:Do I drop Wolf for Glaus? I have Sandoval at 1B right now, but I want to move him back to 3B, Beltre to utility and Swisher to the bench. Morales was my 1B.
Wolf is decent starter for now, but I think his production can be replaced fairly easily.

Glaus is pretty hot right now and with your lack of production from 1B it might be worth riding the hot hand.

I really want to keep Wolf but I have Fister, Kazmir, Romero and Slowey as other starters to name a few. It's either Wolf or Kazmir? Which one?

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

cardslesson101 wrote:
vinsanity wrote:

I really want to keep Wolf but I have Fister, Kazmir, Romero and Slowey as other starters to name a few. It's either Wolf or Kazmir? Which one?
Not exactly a super strong rotation. But Kazmir is one I would keep on potential alone.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

vinsanity wrote:
cardslesson101 wrote:
vinsanity wrote:

Not exactly a super strong rotation. But Kazmir is one I would keep on potential alone.

I have other starters as well(who I won't even consider dropping): Felix Hernandez, Jered Weaver and Clayton Richard. I'd throw Romero into that category as well. So, should I drop Wolf or someone else?