Official Fantasy Trade Thread

Talk about fantasy sports here
vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Re: Official Fantasy Trade Thread

Post by vinsanity »

vinsanity wrote:I got offered Matt Kemp for Evan Longoria earlier. While I didn't want to take it, for a variety of reasons, I also have David Wright and my OF is Shin-Soo Choo, Brad Hawpe and Ben Zobrist (yes my team is that bad this year - I picked up Starlin Castro to fill in at short, Zobrist has picked it up a bit thankfully).

He's got Teix and Holliday as well as Kemp and really wants a three bagger. I'm playing Konerko right now at first and not 100% sure he'll continue. I'm wondering if there's a way to buy low on teix, sell high on Konerko and pick up one of Kemp/Holliday without dumping Longoria.

I can post all players from both teams if anyone likes discussing this sort of thing.
Am I totally crazy if I'm turnin down Longoria for Kemp+Waino+1st round pick next year (12 team, 6 player keeper normal + OPS, K's, Hits, Losses, K/9, CG)?

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

I think it partially depends on who you anticipate keeping. If this very favorable trade (for you) puts you over the limit of anticipated keepers, you have to factor that into the equation.

How's that for a non-answer?

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

mikechamp wrote:I think it partially depends on who you anticipate keeping. If this very favorable trade (for you) puts you over the limit of anticipated keepers, you have to factor that into the equation.

How's that for a non-answer?
That's kinda what I'm lookin at, right now I'm looking at Wright, Longoria, McCann, Phillips, Choo and one of Zobrist/Starlin Castro/Jon Lester.

If I made the trade it'd be Wright, McCann, Phillips, Choo, Kemp, Waino.

And I"m just sure Longoria+Lester/Zobrist < Kemp+Waino, especially since I doubt I can get decent value for Lester or Zobrist, though someone might overpay for Waino in a Cardinal league.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

Hey, I'm in a 12 team 5 keeper league and was offered Soto + Soriano for McCann. It's a points league...problem is my keepers right now would be Utley/Kemp/Votto/J. Upton or Rios/McCann. So if I took this trade, I'd most likely be keeping 3 OF'ers and that's just something I'm not in love with. I'm leaning towards no, but wanted thoughts.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

phinstd wrote:Hey, I'm in a 12 team 5 keeper league and was offered Soto + Soriano for McCann. It's a points league...problem is my keepers right now would be Utley/Kemp/Votto/J. Upton or Rios/McCann. So if I took this trade, I'd most likely be keeping 3 OF'ers and that's just something I'm not in love with. I'm leaning towards no, but wanted thoughts.
I like McCann to bounce back and be a valid keeper, especially over Rios or Soriano. Soto might be back, but I'm not sold.

I would pass on that, but I'm not high on any of those guys but McCann.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

That's where I'm at as well, though you'd be shocked how good Rios has been. He's like 5th OF overall in my league thus far. I'm not keeping Rios over J Upton most likely, but he's been awesome.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

phinstd wrote:That's where I'm at as well, though you'd be shocked how good Rios has been. He's like 5th OF overall in my league thus far. I'm not keeping Rios over J Upton most likely, but he's been awesome.
He has kicked a lotta ass this year, but I always try to make sure my keeper core doesn't get worse. Rios does little for you as a keeper, and I'm still expecting him to drop.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

vinsanity wrote:
phinstd wrote:That's where I'm at as well, though you'd be shocked how good Rios has been. He's like 5th OF overall in my league thus far. I'm not keeping Rios over J Upton most likely, but he's been awesome.
He has kicked a lotta ass this year, but I always try to make sure my keeper core doesn't get worse. Rios does little for you as a keeper, and I'm still expecting him to drop.
That depends really. If he's in a standard 5x5 keeper league, Rios helps out in all 5 categories vs. a one-dimensional slugger who can't help you except in homers and RBIs. In standard 5x5 leagues, players like Rios have a ton of value. Just like crappy slap hitters like Pierre, Podsednik, and Bourn have a ton of value even though they can't drive in a run to save their life.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

Swirls wrote:
vinsanity wrote:
That depends really. If he's in a standard 5x5 keeper league, Rios helps out in all 5 categories vs. a one-dimensional slugger who can't help you except in homers and RBIs. In standard 5x5 leagues, players like Rios have a ton of value. Just like crappy slap hitters like Pierre, Podsednik, and Bourn have a ton of value even though they can't drive in a run to save their life.
Which depends, Rios' value after this season? Or his value the rest of this season?

His ZIPS is 15 HR, 55R, 51 RBI, .281/.334/.472 - which is a noticeable fall off from his current pace (~30 HR with .590 slg).

The big question is will he do it again next year? He's only once hit more than 20 HR's, only scored 100 Runs once, and hit over 300 once.

McCann's ZIPS is 15 HR, 45 R, 60 RBI .282/.358/.488 - or almost identical numbers for the rest of the season, but that production at C is much more valuable.

Then he's also hit 20 HR 3 times in his career with 90 RBI's 3 times. I think he's a better bet going forward as well.

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

Speaking of catchers, do you think Olivo's going to keep it up or would you start Posada when he comes back (supposedly today)?