Official Fantasy Trade Thread

Talk about fantasy sports here
StatmanCrothers
Perennial All-Star

Re: Official Fantasy Trade Thread

Post by StatmanCrothers »

I finally got an offer I couldn't refuse. I hate to part with Braun. Really hate it. But.

Okay, I got

Holliday LF
Hamels SP
Fuentes RP

for

Braun LF
J Sanchez SP
L Gregorson RP

Gregorson will probably be released by the other guy.

I get my 2nd closer (Fuentes), by our scoring system, the final ZIPS projections for this season,

Hamels (15th overall) 1410 [550 so far]
Sanchez (70th overall) 909 [497 so far]

Braun (1st overall) 1899
Holliday (2nd overall) 1779

Fuentes simply as a closer over a non-closer, will outscore Gregorson by a considerable margin.

Rieges
Veteran Player

Post by Rieges »

I'm leaning heavily towards accepting Francisco Liriano for Jason Bay in my league.

It's a straight fantasy points league with no negative points for batter Ks and no keepers. I'm currently middle of the pack in the overall standings. I'm no. 4 in batter points but third from the bottom in pitching points so I can definitely use another top 30 SP, especially one with Liriano's K ability. Bay's just barely a top 30 OFer so far and I have a lot of depth at the position (Victorino, Abreu, Willingham, Pence, Austin Jackson) but he does have considerable upside.

Thoughts?

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

Rieges wrote:I'm leaning heavily towards accepting Francisco Liriano for Jason Bay in my league.

It's a straight fantasy points league with no negative points for batter Ks and no keepers. I'm currently middle of the pack in the overall standings. I'm no. 4 in batter points but third from the bottom in pitching points so I can definitely use another top 30 SP, especially one with Liriano's K ability. Bay's just barely a top 30 OFer so far and I have a lot of depth at the position (Victorino, Abreu, Willingham, Pence, Austin Jackson) but he does have considerable upside.

Thoughts?
If you're getting Liriano I'd probably do that. I don't think Bay should be playing in your OF at this point, and fangraphs seems to think he doesn't have a lot of upside.

StatmanCrothers
Perennial All-Star

i traded Santana straight up for Matt Cain. Ervin Santana.

by our points system, Ervin has outperformed Cain so far this year, but that has defied expectations and I'm presuming that for the most part Cain will be Cain and Ervin will be Ervin.

thoughts?

Rieges
Veteran Player

Post by Rieges »

StatmanCrothers wrote:i traded Santana straight up for Matt Cain. Ervin Santana.

by our points system, Ervin has outperformed Cain so far this year, but that has defied expectations and I'm presuming that for the most part Cain will be Cain and Ervin will be Ervin.

thoughts?
I agree, good deal. Santana may get more wins because Cain seems to never get much run support but Cain will outperform Santana overall.

Rieges
Veteran Player

Post by Rieges »

vinsanity wrote:
Rieges wrote:I'm leaning heavily towards accepting Francisco Liriano for Jason Bay in my league.

Thoughts?
If you're getting Liriano I'd probably do that. I don't think Bay should be playing in your OF at this point, and fangraphs seems to think he doesn't have a lot of upside.
Thanks for the input.

StatmanCrothers
Perennial All-Star

Rieges wrote:
StatmanCrothers wrote:i traded Santana straight up for Matt Cain. Ervin Santana.

thoughts?
I agree, good deal. Santana may get more wins because Cain seems to never get much run support but Cain will outperform Santana overall.
our points system helps with that too. no penalty for losses, but bonus for quality starts.

IP = +1
HR = -1
BB = -1
K = +1
W = 4
QS = 4

this system really cuts down on the huge +/- swings we used to have for starting pitchers. point totals lined up for pitching vs batting, but the deviation was so wide on pitching that basically you lived or died by your pitching from week to week, start to start.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

I'm back on this Utley train.

If could turn Brandon Phillips, Nelson Cruz and Matt Cain in to Utley do I? (it'd be like a three team trade, Phillips and Cain for Crawford, then Crawford and Cruz for Utley).

I'm in 11th place (somehow), I still think my team might bounce back a little, but Utley would give me a keeper core of Longoria, Wright, Utley (then Lester, Choo, McCann most likely)

StatmanCrothers
Perennial All-Star

vinsanity wrote:I'm back on this Utley train.

If could turn Brandon Phillips, Nelson Cruz and Matt Cain in to Utley do I? (it'd be like a three team trade, Phillips and Cain for Crawford, then Crawford and Cruz for Utley).

I'm in 11th place (somehow), I still think my team might bounce back a little, but Utley would give me a keeper core of Longoria, Wright, Utley (then Lester, Choo, McCann most likely)
do it. although try and low ball them first, with Utley on the DL they might go for less.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

StatmanCrothers wrote:
vinsanity wrote:I'm back on this Utley train.

do it. although try and low ball them first, with Utley on the DL they might go for less.
The only players on my team he'd consider are Wright, Longoria, Cruz, Mike Stanton and Matt Cain (no interest in McCann, Phillips, Lester, Rivera, Andrew Bailey, Billy Wagner - nothing. Only players he'd keep). He was 80% there on Cruz, Stanton, Cain and my First Rounder (6 player keeper). And backed out at the last second.

So I gotta see if I can move Phillips for a player to sweeten the pot. Crawford might be a bit too high caliber to try for.