Official Fantasy Trade Thread

Talk about fantasy sports here
vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Re: Official Fantasy Trade Thread

Post by vinsanity »

go birds wrote:Revisting my Lincecum trade...

Would you guys do Lincecum for Teixeira + McCutchen?

I'm prolly gonna end up throwing in Ian Stewart or some other similar caliber type infielder.
Teix is an interesting buy low.

You're trading one keeper for two. Who are your current potential keepers? Are you in contention now?

If you're current 6th keeper is about the same as McCutchen, you're esentially trading Lincecum + last keeper for Teix and McCutchen.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

We only keep four. No time limit on the keepers.

My keepers as of right now are Lincecum, Miggy, Mauer, and Morales.

So... if i trade Lincy, Tex would go in his place. My plan is to sell Teix though when he heats up. For say a Braun or a Kemp.

I don't foresee me keeping Cutch. I mean, i could keep him and drop Morales though.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

go birds wrote:We only keep four. No time limit on the keepers.

So... if i trade Lincy, Tex would go in his place. My plan is to sell Teix though when he heats up. For say a Braun or a Kemp.

I don't foresee me keeping Cutch. I mean, i could keep him and drop Morales though.
Does Migs still have 3b Eligibility? If not I'm not sure on Teix, he'll heat up but I think Braun or Kemp might be aiming a little high.

I'm not sure Morales would be worth a keep, the injury during his breakout campaign scares me, but I'm not huge fan of McCutchen's either - you are. Lincecum is clearly the best of the three of the players involved, be careful about buying low in the hopes of selling high. Injury, notorious slow starts and inconsistencies might turn some people off and devalue him and you might stuck with a player. To recap:

Lincey, Miggy, Mauer, Morales > Miggy, Mauer, Teix, Morales/McCutchen so I'm wary unless you're definitely trying to win this year or have interest in Teix lined up elsewhere.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

vinsanity wrote:
go birds wrote:We only keep four. No time limit on the keepers.

Does Migs still have 3b Eligibility? If not I'm not sure on Teix, he'll heat up but I think Braun or Kemp might be aiming a little high.

I'm not sure Morales would be worth a keep, the injury during his breakout campaign scares me, but I'm not huge fan of McCutchen's either - you are. Lincecum is clearly the best of the three of the players involved, be careful about buying low in the hopes of selling high. Injury, notorious slow starts and inconsistencies might turn some people off and devalue him and you might stuck with a player. To recap:

Lincey, Miggy, Mauer, Morales > Miggy, Mauer, Teix, Morales/McCutchen so I'm wary unless you're definitely trying to win this year or have interest in Teix lined up elsewhere.
No he doesnt have 3B eligibility any longer.

The bottom line is that outside of Miggy and Mauer, my offense is pretty putrid while i have a surplus of pitching (johnson, lester, lincy and some other serviceable pitchers). Lincy is the only pitcher anyone wants atm, so i'm trying to sell for two position players. I like Cutch because he give me SB's, a good average, and some pop. Teix, i think will come around. He's prolly not gonna end up with .315, but i believe the power will be there when it's all said and done. So even if i'm unable to trade for a Braun or Kemp, i'm still getting good offensive output.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

go birds wrote:The bottom line is that outside of Miggy and Mauer, my offense is pretty putrid while i have a surplus of pitching (johnson, lester, lincy and some other serviceable pitchers). Lincy is the only pitcher anyone wants atm, so i'm trying to sell for two position players. I like Cutch because he give me SB's, a good average, and some pop. Teix, i think will come around. He's prolly not gonna end up with .315, but i believe the power will be there when it's all said and done. So even if i'm unable to trade for a Braun or Kemp, i'm still getting good offensive output.
Right, I think SB and Average are over-rated categories. I hate rate categories because they are so much harder to predict week to week and more easily reflected on by a negative day than a good one.

If Lincy is the only one anyone wants, make em pay for it. I think Lester or Johnson should be able to net you Cutch or Teix straight up and you make your team better, and your keeper core better. I have Longoria in one of my keeper leagues and was getting offers left and right for him - so I figured I was gonna demand the sky for him cause he's got 30/30 potential and is young and might still improve. Whereas I also had David Wright and I was much more reasonable in my demands for him.

If your going to deal Lincecum, make it hurt. You have no reason to need to trade him, the pitching categories count as much as the hitting ones. Win all 5 of those and you got a 500 team. Maybe look at moving Morales + Lincecum to the last place team on the sell he gets two young super-stars to build on next year, and ask for something like Votto+Choo/Cruz/Hamilton/Colby/Cutch in return.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

I just read on yahoo that someone considers AW a top 5 starter in fantasy right now. A wash with Halladay.

Is it time to maybe revist Longoria for Kemp+Waino and maybe a first rounder?

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

When is it too early to start playing for 'next year' in a keeper league?

I've got
McCann
Konerko
Phillips
Wright
Castro
Choo/Cruz/Gomes/Hawpe/Pagan/Stanton
Longoria

Lester/Cain/Hudson/Vazquez/Scott Baker/Takahashi
River/Bailey/Wagner/Chris Perez
Keeping probably Phillips, Wright, Longoria, Cruz, Choo, Lester. I'd love to move Phillips/McCann to get a little younger, but who knows.

I'm in 10th of 12, 11 games out of the playoffs. I've had some pretty crappy luck (Best whip, but I"m 2-7, 4th best OPS but I"m 2-7), I've started to pick it up a little.

I know Cain/Rivera/Baily/Wagner should be some good trade bait for pitching starved teams down the stretch, and if Konerko keeps it up it could be a good chip to move as well. Do I wait it out and see if they can get hot or start piecing them out for next year?

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

I'd keep McCann over Cruz. McCann is only 26 and provides great offense from the C position. Granted, he's down a little this year, but I'm confident he'll turn it around and still post a season of 20+ HR and 80+ RBI.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

Swirls wrote:I'd keep McCann over Cruz. McCann is only 26 and provides great offense from the C position. Granted, he's down a little this year, but I'm confident he'll turn it around and still post a season of 20+ HR and 80+ RBI.
I don't think Cruz is the odd man out...I'd keep Cruz over Choo. In roughly half the ab's Cruz only trails in R's, H's and Steals. I can probably move one of them to a crappy team in the off-season for like a 4th or 5th round pick.

I'd love to be able to move two of those 7 for someone to improve the 6 I keep. There's a guy who wants 1B/3B options and I'm trying to figure out if he'd be offended by a Konerko/Phillips/Wright for Utley/Lincecum offer.
Utley, Longoria, Cruz, McCann, Lincecum, Lester would look pretty sexy for keepers. Even better if I could move Lester+Choo/McCann for another stud.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

I'd keep Choo over Cruz...