Football Draft Strategy

Talk about fantasy sports here
vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Re: Football Draft Strategy

Post by vinsanity »

cardslesson101 wrote:
vinsanity wrote:
cardslesson101 wrote:Rice will be there. One of the Top 5 RBs will be there. If you wanna take Brees, a #1 WR will be around the 16th pick range.
Right, I keep leaning towards Rice. I'm hopin Manning falls all the way to me, but I live in Indy so I doubt it.

In my 16 team league, Manning went at 10. Rivers/Schaub will be right around there. Or, take a RB at 4, WR at 16 and a QB at 24.
Which WR at 16? and which QB at 24?

After talkin tonight I'm thinkin Rodgers, and the best RB that comes back. 6 pts for a TD and added points for yards. Tho Rice is nice in a PPR league.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

vinsanity wrote:
cardslesson101 wrote:
vinsanity wrote:
cardslesson101 wrote:Rice will be there. One of the Top 5 RBs will be there. If you wanna take Brees, a #1 WR will be around the 16th pick range.
Right, I keep leaning towards Rice. I'm hopin Manning falls all the way to me, but I live in Indy so I doubt it.

In my 16 team league, Manning went at 10. Rivers/Schaub will be right around there. Or, take a RB at 4, WR at 16 and a QB at 24.
Which WR at 16? and which QB at 24?

After talkin tonight I'm thinkin Rodgers, and the best RB that comes back. 6 pts for a TD and added points for yards. Tho Rice is nice in a PPR league.
If you're talking WR at 16, I know for a fact that Calvin Johnson/Roddy White will be in that area. I traded the 24th pick in my 16 team league(which I regret), but a WR is more likely to be taken at 24 than 16. At 16, you can get Rivers or Larry Fitzgerald(IF he slips, he was taken 15th in my league).

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

cardslesson101 wrote:If you're talking WR at 16, I know for a fact that Calvin Johnson/Roddy White will be in that area. I traded the 24th pick in my 16 team league(which I regret), but a WR is more likely to be taken at 24 than 16. At 16, you can get Rivers or Larry Fitzgerald(IF he slips, he was taken 15th in my league).
Not worried about Fitz catches?

And like Rivers over Romo?

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

4th? Rice and Gore are PPR monsters if you don't take a QB.

Even if you miss out on a QB, you'll have a stacked RB/WR team. Pass-catching RBs are rare, and more valuable (duh!) in PPR leagues.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

vinsanity wrote:
cardslesson101 wrote:If you're talking WR at 16, I know for a fact that Calvin Johnson/Roddy White will be in that area. I traded the 24th pick in my 16 team league(which I regret), but a WR is more likely to be taken at 24 than 16. At 16, you can get Rivers or Larry Fitzgerald(IF he slips, he was taken 15th in my league).
Not worried about Fitz catches?

And like Rivers over Romo?

I think Fitz's production will go down a bit, but will have over 1,000 yards receiving. Romo's tackles are hurt.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

I think I'm going to take Rodgers, usually outside of a top 3 back you can get burned pretty hard (see Michael Turner). WR Should be fairly deep and I'll take my chances on a Jamaal Charles or Cedric Benson.

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

vinsanity wrote:WR Should be fairly deep and I'll take my chances on a Jamaal Charles or Cedric Benson.
As your RB1?

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
vinsanity wrote:WR Should be fairly deep and I'll take my chances on a Jamaal Charles or Cedric Benson.
As your RB1?
Well it'd depend on who fell, but it's possible. Michael Turner was 63rd in points by our scoring last year. I think Best, Benson, Charles, Stewart have decent chances to out well out perform there current draft ranks.

Edit - just glancing, Jackson, Grant, would be there. But if there was no run on QB's Manning (I live in Indy mind you) could be there in the second round.

Edit2 - Just glanced at total points instead of rank, it makes no sense to go QB... if Rice performs, I could go Rice, WR (Calvin Johnson, Marshall), then maybe grab Romo in the third.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

vinsanity wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
As your RB1?
Well it'd depend on who fell, but it's possible. Michael Turner was 63rd in points by our scoring last year. I think Best, Benson, Charles, Stewart have decent chances to out well out perform there current draft ranks.

Edit - just glancing, Jackson, Grant, would be there. But if there was no run on QB's Manning (I live in Indy mind you) could be there in the second round.

Edit2 - Just glanced at total points instead of rank, it makes no sense to go QB... if Rice performs, I could go Rice, WR (Calvin Johnson, Marshall), then maybe grab Romo in the third.

That plan works the best. At 17, I took Grant, but I'd rather have Rice. Romo maybe taken in the 2nd, so be prepared to take Brady.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

cardslesson101 wrote:That plan works the best. At 17, I took Grant, but I'd rather have Rice. Romo maybe taken in the 2nd, so be prepared to take Brady.
I wouldn't take Brady 16 overall. I'd be wary of Romo at 16 overall. I'd actally consider Rivers over Brady at this point. You got Grant at 17, who'd you get at 3, MoJo? I'm gonna pray by taking Rice, there ends up being a run on QB's and I get Manning or Romo at 16, but pray in one hand and [expletive] in the other...see which fills first.