Minor Leaguers Halp

Talk about fantasy sports here
cards2468
Hall Of Famer

Re: Minor Leaguers Halp

Post by cards2468 »

A guy I have on my team that I'm expecting to crack the bigs this year is Zach Britton. Lefty with the O's. I think he has top of the rotation potential and will be able to give you some value this year.

If you want to look a couple years down the road, our very own Shelby Miller looks good in any system.

themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Post by themiddle54 »

cards2468 wrote:A guy I have on my team that I'm expecting to crack the bigs this year is Zach Britton. Lefty with the O's. I think he has top of the rotation potential and will be able to give you some value this year.

If you want to look a couple years down the road, our very own Shelby Miller looks good in any system.
Good call. I'm usually not big on AL East pitchers until they've proven themselves because of the competition they face, but as a lefty with good sink and a good change Britton is a guy I'd make an exception for.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

thanks for the recommendations guys.

After reading up some on Moustakas--his knock is that he has trouble with LHP. Anyone wanna comment on that?

themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Post by themiddle54 »

go birds wrote:thanks for the recommendations guys.

After reading up some on Moustakas--his knock is that he has trouble with LHP. Anyone wanna comment on that?
I know Law mentioned something about that in his write-up for Moustakas this year. I didn't see it in Goldstein and don't remember but I don't think BA said that in this year's annual. I'd love to hear more from Law on that, if it was based on looking at his splits or talking to scouts or what. I'm about 99.99% certain Law didn't put his eyes on Moustakas more than once last year after ST, at the Futures Game.

Moustakas was .333 v RHP in Omaha last year, but 'only' .222 v LHP. That .222 is 18 for 81. The difference between .222 and .280 in a 81-AB sample size is just four hits--few more grounders find holes, a line drive isn't right at someone, and you have a perfectly acceptable L v L split.

I wouldn't overanalyze Moustakas too much. Very strong hitter, out-of-this-world bat speed that allows him to wait on balls and drive them, has gotten better with the glove and has a plus-plus arm that should keep him at 3B and make him a viable fantasy option for a long time there. If you're in need of adding a 3B to your minor leagues for the long-haul, you just won't find a better option. I fully expect him to be a 30-35 HR/year guy who will still hit for decent average and, once Hosmer and Myers join him in the lineup, drive in an awful lot of runs.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Welp, I ended up with Moustakas in the regular draft because prospects were starting to get taken.

But, i ended up with Hosmer, Lawrie, and Sano in my prospect draft.

I'll prolly end up dropping Sano because he's not slated to hit the bigs until 2014.