5. Adrian Gonzalez
6. Ryan Braun
7. Joey Votto
8. Carlos Gonzalez
9. Evan Longoria
10. Josh Hamilton
11. Matt Holliday
12. Carl Crawford

Longoria probably should be ranked higher due to position scarcity, but I wonder what kind of numbers he'll put up in that depleted offense. Tulo is certainly an injury risk, but man he can put up some sick numbers when healthy, which is why i ranked him 3rd. Hanley won't put up the power numbers that Tulo will, but he'll steal more bases. I value power more, which is why i ranked Tulo ahead of Hanley.

Honestly, i think after the first 4, the rest are kind of a toss-up. Although, i think Agonz will have a monster year hitting in Fenway in the middle of that lineup. CarGo is kinda iffy, but if he can almost reproduce what he did last year, he's top 10 material.

I'm terrible at analysis so i'll just leave it at that.

Who is in your top 12, GRB?

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Re: GRB's Top Twelve

Post by Popeye_Card »

Depends on the scoring categories, but Wright above Longoria at 3B if steals mean anything.

If steals don't mean much, Crawford should not be near the top 12.

If pitching means anything, Halladay should be in there.

themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Post by themiddle54 »

3B is not scarce. Far from it. Longo, Zim, A-Rod, Wright, Bautista should all be golden. There are another half-dozen or more who are solid or good calculated risks. Unless you're in a league with 14 or more teams, 3B is bountiful.

The only way Crawford is in even the top 40 is if steals count. If they do, though, he's top 10.

I think Halladay is the 2nd best pitcher available.

My top 12, in a standard 5x5:

HanRam
Pujols
Miggy
Tulo
Braun
Crawford
CarGo
Holliday
A-Gonz
Tex
Votto
King Felix

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

Youkilis will be a 3B too after a couple of weeks.

SS is the position where the difference between the top two (Tulo, Ramirez) and the rest is the most drastic. Catcher isn't quite as bad as it used to be in this regard. For my league categories, where we count losses and K/BB ratio, Halladay and Lee are a decent ways above the second tier,