2011 Vent Thread

Talk about fantasy sports here
go birds
-go birds

2011 Vent Thread

Post by go birds »

Carmona, Liriano, Carasco, Hanson, Bard, Axford, and Storen.

Worst start to a season i've ever seen by a starting staff.

Haren is the only i've had that's had a good outing, but he couldn't even give me a win.

themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Re: 2011 Vent Thread

Post by themiddle54 »

I will never learn w/ Max Scherzer. I drafted him last year, he was one of two pitchers (Duchscherer the other) who got me in a massive early hole. After I released him he came back aces. Took him this year. 4 HR today. As soon as I dump him someone will pick him up and he'll become a CYA candidate. Because I believe in that black magic I'll hold him longer than I need to and it will cost me and I'll repeat the whole thing next year.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

themiddle54 wrote:I will never learn w/ Max Scherzer. I drafted him last year, he was one of two pitchers (Duchscherer the other) who got me in a massive early hole. After I released him he came back aces. Took him this year. 4 HR today. As soon as I dump him someone will pick him up and he'll become a CYA candidate. Because I believe in that black magic I'll hold him longer than I need to and it will cost me and I'll repeat the whole thing next year.
BEEN THERE.

The other day i dropped Zach Britton for Burnett (have Storen) from my team of pitching i mentioned above because i read a few days ago that he wouldn't be up until June...

Well wouldn't you know that only a couple hours later I learn Matusz won't make his start, so guess who is getting the call? Yep.

According to Yahoo, you can even put a waiver claim in for a player you dropped, so i had to wait out the waiver period and then pick him up before anyone noticed.

I missed out. My pitching staff still sucks.

I also read that Britton wasn't even using his best pitch! Ugh.

Swingingbunt
All-Star

Post by Swingingbunt »

I have 5 opening day starters on my fantasy team. I got 5 quality starts from those starters. I got 0 wins. I did, however, get two blown saves!

Ugh...what a nasty start to the year.

themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Post by themiddle54 »

Swingingbunt wrote:I have 5 opening day starters on my fantasy team. I got 5 quality starts from those starters. I got 0 wins. I did, however, get two blown saves!

Save some $$$ from your wedding kitty for next year, bunt. Over here...

http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=44258

...where we will expand from 11 teams upward next year, and your studs would have racked up mad points and saved you a lot of frustration.

clevername
Bringer of FRBG

Post by clevername »

had a big trade offered to me last night and I accepted it. Owner this morning is crying saying he put players in the trade he didn't mean to because "he was tired" and wants to back out.

I could be an [expletive] about it, but I'm letting him get off for the sake of league harmony. Not going to deal with him again.

There, I've vented. Somehow I'm not feeling any better about it.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I did a favor for a friend and joined an 8-team league that I really had no interest in doing.

In an 8-team league (autopick) where I get Joey Votto, Adrian Gonzalez, Kevin Youkilis, Kendrys Morales, Ben Zobrist and Michael Cuddyer all 1b eligible... I get left with Mike Aviles as my shortstop.

Swingingbunt
All-Star

Post by Swingingbunt »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:I did a favor for a friend and joined an 8-team league that I really had no interest in doing.

In an 8-team league (autopick) where I get Joey Votto, Adrian Gonzalez, Kevin Youkilis, Kendrys Morales, Ben Zobrist and Michael Cuddyer all 1b eligible... I get left with Mike Aviles as my shortstop.
Wow...you may win the [expletive] autodraft award for the forum.

Swingingbunt
All-Star

Post by Swingingbunt »

clevername wrote:had a big trade offered to me last night and I accepted it. Owner this morning is crying saying he put players in the trade he didn't mean to because "he was tired" and wants to back out.

I could be an [expletive] about it, but I'm letting him get off for the sake of league harmony. Not going to deal with him again.

There, I've vented. Somehow I'm not feeling any better about it.
You totally should have been an ass.

Swingingbunt
All-Star

Post by Swingingbunt »

themiddle54 wrote:
Swingingbunt wrote:I have 5 opening day starters on my fantasy team. I got 5 quality starts from those starters. I got 0 wins. I did, however, get two blown saves!

Save some $$$ from your wedding kitty for next year, bunt. Over here...

http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=44258

...where we will expand from 11 teams upward next year, and your studs would have racked up mad points and saved you a lot of frustration.
I need to read up a lot more on the saber stats and how players are ranked in that so I can form my own opinions outside of what the standard list shows, but I'm definitely interested. Sounds like a blast!