2011 Vent Thread

Talk about fantasy sports here
planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Re: 2011 Vent Thread

Post by planet planet »

Fantasy Baseball Finals question: Please help me out by noon GRB peeps. It's a head to head league with -.5 for Ks.

I'm in fantasy baseball finals and I need a SS replacement for Tulowitzki. Who would you pick out of Desmond, A. Gonzalez or Asdrubal Cabrera? Cabrera supposedly isn't going to see much playing time this week and he's been slumping while Desmond and Gonzalez both have been hot. Also, I picked up Freddie Freeman for Holliday, but I can pick up someone else - Torii Hunter and Carlos Pena are also available - I don't like anyone else available. Lastly, Weeks is back (and on my team), but he's not 100% and I'm concerned about his playing time. I picked up Kendrick for him last week and he did a great job. Keep Kendrick?

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

I [expletive] hate that every season's payout is determined by a 3 week stretch in September when half of your players are hurt or being held out to save them for next season. This is the 2nd season in a row that I dominated the regular season and earn a bye in the playoffs, only to get ousted in the 2nd round by a lesser team because half my team is gone, and the half that's left crapped the bed. I'm not even sure why we have a regular season anymore.

But to answer PP's question, I'd go Desmond. I picked him up to spot Tulo on my team to vie for THIRD [expletive] PLACE.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

planet pujolsian wrote:Fantasy Baseball Finals question: Please help me out by noon GRB peeps. It's a head to head league with -.5 for Ks.

I'm in fantasy baseball finals and I need a SS replacement for Tulowitzki. Who would you pick out of Desmond, A. Gonzalez or Asdrubal Cabrera? Cabrera supposedly isn't going to see much playing time this week and he's been slumping while Desmond and Gonzalez both have been hot. Also, I picked up Freddie Freeman for Holliday, but I can pick up someone else - Torii Hunter and Carlos Pena are also available - I don't like anyone else available. Lastly, Weeks is back (and on my team), but he's not 100% and I'm concerned about his playing time. I picked up Kendrick for him last week and he did a great job. Keep Kendrick?
I think I'm too late but I'd go Desmond. I suck at this though.

AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD

Post by AdmiralKird »

How is THIS related yahoo! fantasy news:
New player notes Tue, Sep 20

Gisele Bundchen (jih-ZEHL' BUN'-chen), supermodel and wife of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, was stopped for speeding over the weekend and given a verbal warning by a Massachusetts state trooper. State police spokesman David Procopio says Bundchen was going about 70 mph in a 55 mph zone on state Route 6 in Barnstable when she was stopped Saturday.

Advice: Procopio says Bundchen did not get any special treatment. The same trooper gave four other drivers verbal warnings that afternoon. He gave 20 others written citations, but those drivers committed other violations in addition to speeding.
(STATS, Inc.)

Swingingbunt
All-Star

Post by Swingingbunt »

MIGUEL BATISTA!?

I'm going to lose my fantasy baseball championship because MIGUEL [expletive] BATISTA THREW A COMPLETE GAME ON THE LAST DAY OF THE SEASON!?

*(#%&(#&*%HDGNSDOPGF*()HSDGO:GFONS:DLFSODFHG*()#%IOHSDOIGNSDONG*()

longhornbaseball
Perennial All-Star

Post by longhornbaseball »

In two games against me, Aaron Rodgers has 10 touchdowns and 92 fantasy points.