2011 Fantasy Football Trade thread

Talk about fantasy sports here
Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

2011 Fantasy Football Trade thread

Post by Schlich »

I'm in a 2-player keeper league. Is upgrading Reggie Wayne to Calvin Johnson worth trading a 2nd rounder for a 5th?

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Re: 2011 Fantasy Football Trade thread

Post by Schlich »

I traded a 5th round draft pick for Mike Wallace and a 10th. May have oversold a little bit, but i'm really high on wallace, and wayne [expletive] me over way too many times last year.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

I'm concerned with my backup RB situation, and was wondering if I should try to trade Tate to the guy with Foster for a RB 2/3.

Starts: 1qb, 3wr, 2rb, 1te, k, d

My team:
QB: Ryan, Cutler
WR:Nicks, Johnson (Buf), Britt, Boldin, Nelson
RB: McCoy, MJD, Hightower, R Bush, Tate
TE: Gates
K, D

His team:
QB: Romo, Orton
WR: White, Wayne, Moss, Edwards, Bess
RB: Foster, Forte, P Thomas, Starks
TE: Gronkowski, Cooley
K, D

Anyone see a trade out there? Tate for Starks?

EDIT: I went ahead and offered Tate for Starks. Between him, Hightower and Bush, I should be able to start someone decent in case /knocks on wood/ a rb goes down, as I really think Starks will be the leader of the GB timeshare and that offense is too good. If Foster gets injured further, then it was a terrible trade for me. We'll see.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

Rx if Wayne was one of your keepers - probably a good bet to deal(as I understand it) Wayne+2nd for Johnson+5th? Not a terrible trade at all.

JC - I like your Wide Outs, you may be able to package one of them for a good backup or RB in a two back system. But without the flex spot, you'll only need them if one of your premier backs goes or is on bye. I think you'll be fine.

My Team:
QB: Matt Ryan
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Mike Williams TB
RB: Shonn Greene
RB: Darren Sproles
TE: Owen Daniels
W/R: Mike Williams SEA
K: Janikowski
DEF: Jets
D Player: Bruce Miller

WR: AJ Green
RB: Jerome Harrison, Daniel Thomas, Ricky Williams
QB: Bradford
TE: jared Cook

It was an Auto-Draft and I needed a back. I traded Sproles and Calvin Johnson for Donald Driver and Frank Gore, overpay or good sell on Sproles?

Driver doesn't seem like a bad 3rd/4th option at WR and AJ Green could be a big target in Cincy.

Then I've got 3 WW transactions in waiting. I've got Carnell Willaims for Jared Cook (backup TE???), Ben Tate dropping Ricky Williams (I like Rice and with Foster's big contract he's in no hurry to get back) and then Sean Lee for Bruce Miller (not that that one matters).

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Same team as above (except I dropped Britt for N Washington and R Bush for a te with Gates gimpy). Looking to grab CJ while his value is low.

I just offered Hightower and Boldin for CJ and M Thomas (Jax). Good idea? Bad? I like Hightower, but I think its a long shot for him to hold onto the starting job all year, and I think CJ is still just getting into game shape and will get better. Plus, he would be my 3rd RB.