Playoff Stretch

Talk about fantasy sports here
Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Playoff Stretch

Post by Lesson »

How are your team(s) doing?

Are they a lock for the playoffs? Are they in contention or are they way out of it?

Swingingbunt
All-Star

Re: Playoff Stretch

Post by Swingingbunt »

1st place in my keeper league. By quite a bit. I'm just hoping my guys don't go cold in September.

Dead last in the other league I'm in. Can't buy healthy pitching or hitting.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

Comfortable 1st place. Held it all year outside of a 2 week stretch in late June.

Would like to beef up my OF, but can't find a suitable trade partner. All of the also-rans don't check in on their teams to see my trade offers to them, and others are simply dumb and reject them (maybe why they are languishing in last). No one likes to potentially boost the guy in 1st all season anyway.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

I did make two bad bailouts this year though. Dropped Alex Gordon after a short cold stretch, figuring he was regressing back to semi-normal. Didn't happen. Also bailed on Soria when he looked like he was toast. Stupid Royals.

I picked up on enough of other people's bailouts though to make it up (D. Hudson, Aramis Ramirez, Kelly Johnson, etc.).

clevername
Bringer of FRBG

Post by clevername »

now firmly in 1st in the dynasty league I'm OCD about. Just had a matchup against the team I was tied for first with and satisfyingly whipped ass 8-1-1.

my other leagues are hit and miss. I have some really good teams with really bad luck who are in the bottom half of the standings and some mediocre teams with good luck who are in the upper half of standings. The frustration of h2h fantasy baseball.

Swingingbunt
All-Star

Post by Swingingbunt »

The one I'm in last in was supposed to be a league with people here...I checked it on a monday and no draft was scheduled and there were five teams. I checked it that friday (busy week) and the league had drafted and was a public league. I tried to keep up for a couple months, but had 9 guys on the DL at one point, and after I came back from my honeymoon I was in last by about 15 points. I went after it pretty good for about 3 weeks and couldn't make a dent in the deficit.

Could've been me not checking in Popeye.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

Popeye_Card wrote:I did make two bad bailouts this year though. Dropped Alex Gordon after a short cold stretch, figuring he was regressing back to semi-normal. Didn't happen. Also bailed on Soria when he looked like he was toast. Stupid Royals.

I picked up on enough of other people's bailouts though to make it up (D. Hudson, Aramis Ramirez, Kelly Johnson, etc.).
Dude, I had Matt Joyce right before he got hot and Daniel Murphy. In a 20 team league. I dropped them both.
FML.

On the upside, I got Storen for Volquez. I'm in 10th right now out of 20 teams, top 8 make it in. 2 games back of 8th. I face the 2nd place team this week and control my destiny for the most part. I basically have to go .500 from here on out until the last week where I have to win big vs the 19th place team.

I was bailed out on the waiver wire, though. Beltre went down, Freese was waived. I had the 11th claim. I was able to get Freese. Not a bad replacement.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

In a keeper league, I'm 6th out of 14 teams. I have beaten or tied the top 3 teams in the league at least once.

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

Lesson wrote:In a keeper league, I'm 6th out of 14 teams. I have beaten or tied the top 3 teams in the league at least once.
That experience should prove invaluable next season.

I'm like 5th in my league, I'm not even sure. I had the discipline to keep my number of baseball teams to 1 this year, hopefully next year I can get to 0.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

clevername wrote:my other leagues are hit and miss. I have some really good teams with really bad luck who are in the bottom half of the standings and some mediocre teams with good luck who are in the upper half of standings. The frustration of h2h fantasy baseball.
And that's why I'll never do a H2H league again. It's like flipping coins.

I'm barely in 1st in my points league. Real good battle between 3 teams for 1-2-3. Will go down to the wire.