SP Hamels
SP CJ Wilson
SP Zimmermann
SP Buchholz
RP Hanrahan
RP Santos
RP League

9x9 13-Keeper Dynasty League

If I'm not hoisting the bigfaced hundy-filled trophy this year, I don't know when I will.

/humblebrag

Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star

Re: The best fantasy baseball team I've ever fielded

Post by Richie Allen »

Nice team. I'm equally happy with mine this year. I'm in a 5x5 that uses total bases instead of HR, which I really like, and we had 5 keepers (3/2 or 2/3). The catch is every year you can't keep a keeper that was kept from the previous year. And this was the year that most of the top players went back into the pool. I was planning on taking Albert second overall but when he was picked first, I grabbed Cabrera which worked out nicely for me because Lawrie (who I almost kept as one of my five) was going to be about the only good 3b left by the time it came back around to my 2nd pick. My relievers are a weakness at this point. Starting pitching isn't great but I have 5 guys in most of the consensus top 30 lists so at least I'm somewhat deep in 2nd and 3rd starters.

C Santana (Keeper)
1b Teixeira
2b Phillips
3b Cabrera/Moustakas (at least until Cabrera is 3b eligible)
SS Castro (K)
OF Granderson (K)
OF Braun (dropped to me at 22nd pick)
OF A Gordon
Util/OF C Young
Util/OF Cespedes
Util/OF Francouer

SP Haren (K)
SP Darvish
SP D Hudson
SP Garza (K)
SP A Sanchez
SP Norris
RP Walden
RP League
RP Francisco

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Shoot I'd prolly sell high on Cespedes and trade for Bumgarner around May to upgrade your pitching. I think Bumgarner is gonna break out this year and I think Cespedes is a big ole Pedro Ceranno. How has Darvish looked this spring? I haven't really heard much on him which is surprising sense he's the latest sensational import (prolly cause hes not a yankee or redsock). You gotta really good team though.

Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star

Post by Richie Allen »

Darvish has supposedly looked better in each outing after his disappointing 2nd start. I think he struck out 11 the other day and hit 97 on the gun, although they were minor league hitters. We'll see. I'm in a pretty conservative league, for the most part, where guys/1 gal almost seem embarrassed to go after supposed first year phenoms. Or maybe they're just smart. Anyway, it's great for me. I always like taking a couple chances and Darvish in the 11th or 12th round is much more exciting than a Gio Gonzalez or Jordan Zimmermann. I know the Cepedes pick will probably go down as a wasted pick but it was the 17th or 18th round and I could pretty easily go out and get a serviceable replacement today if I felt I needed one. But it was cool that the first "live" AB I watched in 2012, this morning at around 6:30 am, was a 2 run shot from him.

Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star

Post by Richie Allen »

11 more strikeouts for Darvish tonight against Colorado, including Cargo and Tulo three times each. Looks like he'll at least be good for some Ks, if nothing else.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Pitching in the AL west certainly can't hurt his cause.