Bryce Harper

Talk about fantasy sports here
planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Bryce Harper

Post by planet planet »

Now that he's called up, what do you think his value is? I drafted him low, but was forced to give him up due to necessary roster moves about a week before he was called up (at the time the vibe was he wasn't doing so well and wouldn't be up until he got 300 minor league ABs). Now the team that vultured him is trying to trade him back to me, first offering me Harper for Tulo and then offering me Harper for J. Upton. Yeah, that's not flying, but what caliber of player would you trade for him? Obviously, his value on draft day was low partially because of the uncertainty of when he'd be called up.

jeffbgoofy
All-Star

Re: Bryce Harper

Post by jeffbgoofy »

I went to pick him up and he was gone, so I got Trout who may be a better fantasy guy anyway...

cards2468
Hall Of Famer

Post by cards2468 »

but seriously, your avatar creeps me out

I'd say I won't expect much considering he hasn't exactly lit up the upper levels in the minors. One question is if he just wasn't taking the minors seriously anymore. I don't believe that since Harper is supposed to be a perfectionist (story I read talked about how he had a 4.0 in community college, blah blah blah).

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Is it a keeper league?

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

bob thrill wrote:Is it a keeper league?
No

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

If it's not a keeper league, I don't even know that I'd bother with it. As numbers pointed out already, he didn't exactly tear up AAA the way he tore up A and AA. True, it could be because he didn't care.

I don't think he's going to have a huge fantasy impact this year. In the future, definitely. But this year I don't think he'll be anything super special.