13%
Playoffs (Weeks 16 & 17)
9%

Total votes: 32

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: GRB FantasyFootball Race4TheCure 2014-15

Post by Jocephus »

i will definitely try and attend the draft but part me likes getting auto'ed and seeing "can i make this work?"

hasn't worked out yet.

AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD

Post by AdmiralKird »

tlombard wrote:If you have spots, I would be interested as long as I can make the draft. I already have one draft on the 9/3 (we have a room reserved at a bar so I can't handle another that night) and plan on being at the lake without even cell phone reception Labor Day weekend so my availability to draft is limited.
it looks like we will potentially have another one or two spots open up. So far it looks like the Draft will be the Tuesday before the season begins. I tentatively changed the draft time to that day at 7:15pm (not sure if that's EST or CST).

League Status up date:
So far we're waiting for 4 teams to rejoin the league.

BabeDavidson's FF was dropped, Jocephus is taking his spot.
TimeforGuiness will not be joining us this year. Lukethedrifter is taking over the legacy of his team.

Hound Dog, who has not participated in the forum since 2012 but always vigorously plays FF has yet to accept the reinvite.
Letsgocards89 hasn't posted in a year or so, so he might not be coming back as well.
JCShoutout hasn't logged into the board in the last few days, but is still around.
stlouie_lipp already responded in this thread - just hasn't gotten around to accepting the e-mail.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

I accepted. That's right, the 4 time, and last two years reigning champion of making the most roster moves is here. We are at 9 teams.

I have pretty meh availability for the draft, but I'll at least do my own rankings for the computer to autodraft from. (Or I'll forget to do that and just deal with what I get)

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Awesome. I am available to draft that Tuesday night if you guys have room for me. I need my database up and running for the next night anyway so another draft would be a great chance to test it out. With an online draft, no need for the database since the players picked are tracked automatically but it is really helpful for my other league where you have to buy someone a drink if you try and draft someone they already picked. It happens. A lot. Especially late in the draft with the booze flowing and people trying to run everything off of dozens of sheets of paper they printed off with lists of players.

I'm working on my own auto draft system where I can just hit a button for a suggestion and it will give me the best player to take based on what I've already got and what is left. I threw it together last year the night before the draft (been using the database and form for years, the pick selection is new though) because I couldn't make the actual draft. Apparently I didn't have my formulas quite right. I had a friend's wife draft for me and made her stick to what the database said. I ended up with three QBs, and then the other 11 players were WRs or RBs. I didn't get a single TE, Def or K. Normally I don't draft a kicker or defense unless I'm forced to so that didn't bother me but the TE part did a little. I still made the playoffs and got hosed so I finised in 8th. I guess it wasn't bad for a draft I couldn't attend and based off of formulas I threw together in less than two hours.

AdmiralKird

Post by AdmiralKird »

tlombard wrote:Awesome. I am available to draft that Tuesday night if you guys have room for me.
Status update:

All but letsgocards89 (Camaro Mullets) have renewed their teams. His last login was the day before invites went out, so I'd imagine he'll still login and renew before the Tuesday after next. If he doesn't I'll let you have his team tlombard, but it would have to be a last minute change. I want to give him as much of time to renew as possible. The Camaro Mullets are staple of the league, and letsgo was the third most active manager of last season by roster moves, tied for forth in the year prior, and was the original Season One Commissioner.

If someone else in addition to tlombard wanted to join we could also expand the league up to 14 teams.

letsgocards89
Perennial All-Star

Post by letsgocards89 »

Sorry y'all for the wait. We had our 3rd child Tuesday morning so it's been pretty crazy lately. I'm all joined up now so we're should be good to go.

AK spammed the crap out of my inbox, so the commish was doing his part. :-)

AdmiralKird

Post by AdmiralKird »

Hey guys, the draft is locked in for this Tuesday at 7:15 CT. I also changed the playoffs to Weeks 15-16 in accordance with the poll.

Good luck, and may your drafts be horrible so the Wombats reign supreme.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I have no idea what I'm doing in fantasy football, who to draft, how you score or any of it. I'm going to be loads of fun

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

so how many of what position am i supposed to draft?

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

are there rules? how do you get points? where is the draft? Bueller?