GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently December 7 19, 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next

Draft Day
28th Thurs 16%  16%  [ 5 ]
29th Fri 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
30th Sat 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
31st Sun 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
1st Mon 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
2nd Tues 16%  16%  [ 5 ]
3rd Wed 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
-***-NULL - Season Starts on 4th -***- 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Playoffs (Weeks 15 & 16) 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
Playoffs (Weeks 16 & 17) 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 32
PostPosted: September 3 14, 6:12 am 
MacGyver of Underwear

I don't know what happened with my autodraft. It drafted a couple of guys way ahead of where I had them, and there were picks at the same position just after me that I had listed way higher... so, that was weird.

I had Sankey and Crabtree on my board as guys to target, but in later rounds. I had guys drafted after them (notably R Bush, Vereen, D Jackson) listed higher. I like my team way better with Bush and Jackson.

PostPosted: September 3 14, 8:17 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

I uh got the worst grade on my draft. Probably because I didn't autodraft

PostPosted: September 3 14, 8:19 am 
99% conan clips

i got a B

PostPosted: September 3 14, 9:26 am 
Hallelujah Brother

I got a B, too, and had some weird auto draft picks before I got out of my meeting and one late when my phone lost connection (Bears D). Michael Floyd as my WR2? There must have been a run of WRs early. Also, I didn't get a chance to draft a kicker as my last pick...did the draft end one round early?

PostPosted: September 3 14, 9:53 am 
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Autodraft B-. I hate my team.

PostPosted: September 3 14, 11:13 am 
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD

Most people got B's. You kind of have to work to get less than a B- by drafting players on the IR or taking a kicker high because you don't have one. The only A came from the #1 spot. Take the draft grade for a grain of salt, its only so accurate and meaningful with all the teams so close in grades.

I'm a little disconcerted that I went with Graham and Brees with one and two, I had two high picks a few years ago on the same team with Vick and DeSean, and ended up suffering from it, but it was hard to pass up such studs in those premium playing positions. Here's hoping I hit lightning with my lame RBs and WRs.

lukethedrifter wrote:

It's mostly because you drafted a defense so high. Defense and kickers you usually don't need to pick until the late or last rounds. According to the draft grading thing, a lot of it appears to be picking players over their draft slots, but take it for a grain of salt. My report card says I'm playoff bound, but the separation in points between my team and yours is 37 points out of 1,300 or so. That difference is well inside any margin of error for these projections.

These draft grades are new. I'd like to see them retrograde it against the drafts in our league in prior years and who ended up making the playoffs and in what spot. It's probably fairly meh in accuracy.

PostPosted: September 3 14, 1:20 pm 
Hallelujah Brother

AdmiralKird wrote:
Most people got B's. You kind of have to work to get less than a B- by drafting players on the IR or taking a kicker high because you don't have one. The only A came from the #1 spot. Take the draft grade for a grain of salt, its only so accurate and meaningful with all the teams so close in grades.

I'm a little disconcerted that I went with Graham and Brees with one and two, I had two high picks a few years ago on the same team with Vick and DeSean, and ended up suffering from it, but it was hard to pass up such studs in those premium playing positions. Here's hoping I hit lightning with my lame RBs and WRs.

lukethedrifter wrote:

It's mostly because you drafted a defense so high. Defense and kickers you usually don't need to pick until the late or last rounds. According to the draft grading thing, a lot of it appears to be picking players over their draft slots, but take it for a grain of salt. My report card says I'm playoff bound, but the separation in points between my team and yours is 37 points out of 1,300 or so. That difference is well inside any margin of error for these projections.

These draft grades are new. I'd like to see them retrograde it against the drafts in our league in prior years and who ended up making the playoffs and in what spot. It's probably fairly meh in accuracy.

Do you know why I wasn't able to draft a kicker?

PostPosted: September 3 14, 1:22 pm 
99% conan clips

i got kickers for sale!

i heard on my way back from lunch that on espns site/stats, more people drafted tim tebow than chad henne

PostPosted: September 3 14, 1:33 pm 
Hallelujah Brother

Jocephus wrote:
i got kickers for sale!

i heard on my way back from lunch that on espns site/stats, more people drafted tim tebow than chad henne

PostPosted: September 3 14, 3:41 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

I'm pretty sure I drafted Sam Bradford.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next