My fantasy team is terrible. OMFG

Talk about fantasy sports here
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

My fantasy team is terrible. OMFG

Post by GeddyWrox »

NL-only league, ten teams... wasn't available the night of the draft so Yahoo picked for me. I had preranked my play list, but I misjudged how early all the good pitching would go. I got totally F'd. I am 1-4 on the season and am currently losing this week 16-2. I have renamed my team "Feckless Vagnias".

:evil:

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Re: My fantasy team is terrible. OMFG

Post by mikechamp »

I've said it many times, but it bears repeating:

Auto-draft sucks.

HardcoreCardsFan
All-Star

Post by HardcoreCardsFan »

Fantasy team is ranked 12th out of 12. I don't think I should I have to pay for the league this year due to how nauseatingly bad this team has been. I've been tortured enough.

obucard
Perennial All-Star

Post by obucard »

Reason #37 why I don't do fantasy sports.

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

I just looked back at my draft, and it turned out as bad as I thought. I'm sitting in 10th/10 and no hope of even getting to 9th. Here is a synopsis I just posted in my league:
Of my 24 draft picks, only 6 remain. 5 if you don't count the DL.

My top pick, Giancarlo Stanton, had one mega hot streak sandwiched by a slow start, DL time and then lots more DL time. I did not get #1 pick level results from him. No where even close!

My #2 pick, Corey Dickerson, I had to drop.

#3, Rendon, sat on my DL for more than half the season and has been a shell of his former self since returning

#4 is Jorge Soler who has been on the DL some and largely disappointing otherwise.

#5, Blackmon has been pretty good.

#6, Devin Mesoraco, played sparingly in April and then opted for hip surgery.

#7 was Matt Adams.

#8, the first pitcher the stupid auto draft picked for me was the dodgers korean dude who hasn't thrown 1 pitch all year.

#9 was Josh Harrison. Started cold, then had a nice hot streak and then DL.

#10 was Jhonny. Started super hot. Carried my team as best he could for a while. Nothing of late.

#11. Only my second pitcher. Jose Fernandez. Started out the first half on the DL. I wanted to hang on to him, but with all my other injuries and juggling, I had to drop him to try to piece SOMETHING together. You're welcome, whoever picked him up and stashed him for later.

#12. Third pitcher. Kyle [expletive] Lohse. Thanks for NOTHING. So by now, I am halfway through and I STILL don't have a starting pitcher with a [expletive].

#13. Tanner Roark. Thanks for more NOTHING.

#14. Josh Collmenter. Yet more nothing.

and so on and so on...

The only thing of note at the end of my draft was getting Yunel Escobar in round 22!

Basically, my entire draft was a complete and utter waste. It has been unbelievably frustrating trying to piece together a team that could even come close to competing. Having 10 teams in the NL only format really makes recovering from bad luck impossible.

Thanks Obama.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

Lol!! That is definitely a bad draft by the ol' auto-draft function.

I had trouble logging in for my draft and the auto-draft snagged me McCutchen...BUT, I could've had Kershaw :x

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

In consecutive weeks, my first place team has lost Leveon Bell, Dion Lewis and Julian Edelman.
Me, every monday, even though I'm in first place:

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

I think I am done with Fantasy Sports. Too frustrating, not enough time in the day.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Hound Dog? You shoulda went down last week. Why would Rivers throw to Woodhead instead of Gates? It just doesn't make sense.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

I quit playing fantasy baseball because I was routinely the worst team in my work league of yahoos that don't have a clue about the sport, even though I have 18,000 posts on a baseball discussion board (to be fair, a lot were about Vampire Weekend and buttshorts), but I destroy the football league every year, even though the last time I watched a full game Jay Novacek and Thurman Thomas were in the league.

All the dudes from work sit down with magazines and spreadsheets and highlighters and I'm the guy that drafted Jordy Nelson in the 3rd round this year. No idea who that is, let alone that he was out for the season. Someone even announced a reminder to the room but I was looking at chili dog toppings apparently and missed it.. I was relentlessly mocked for the rest of the night. He just had a high ranking next to his name.

I had the first pick so I went AP and Drew Brees next. I overheard someone say they liked someone named Hopkins so I snagged him and when I googled "TE sleepers" some site said Eifert. Right this second I have no clue if it's pronounced "ee-fert" or "eye-fert". McFadden, Frank Gore, Marshall, Keenan Allen (RIP), Edelman (RIP), Snead, Colston, Floyd. Who are these people? I'm not sure. I'm projected at like 130 pts this week and I'm 10-1. I didn't start Brandon Marshall for 7 weeks. I forgot to start a flex one week and a defense another. Brees singlehandedly beat my opponent a couple weeks ago. Monkeys throwing darts.