GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 21 17, 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158 ... 235  Next
PostPosted: April 20 17, 9:24 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
On a related note, yesterday I was at the funeral for my wife's grandfather, who served in WWII and as such had the military funeral, 21 gun salute, etc. After the folding of the flag they gave it to the family with a thank you "on behalf of the President of the United States", and the fact of who that currently represents made me angry, it took me out of what otherwise should have been a pretty special moment. Not because of that person's political stances(although they certainly don't help), but simply because of how shameful it is that this particular human being gets that title. The Leitch column would apply to all previous presidents before now, if you stayed home because of Clinton's scandal or Bush's war or Obama's whatever they found so offensive about him, you probably need to suck it up. But we've crossed the rubicon in the years since that Leitch column.

Yes, TT. Did your wife's grand dad serve so that one day Donald [expletive] Trump could give winks and nods to neo-Nazi's and white supremacists from the White House?

The President is not a king. Isn't that why we had this whole revolution in the first place? Ours is a government of the people, by the people, for the people. The President works for us. Our democracy has been built through toil and sacrifice over centuries. As Americans we should be personally offended that such a vile, rude, crass, careless, pompous, lying, racist, pussy-grabbing fat [expletive] calls himself the President of the United State of America.

We should be disgusted to have this man in the White House. That Will Leitch blurb is idiotic. What a bunch of kiss the ring blind fealty fake patriotic nonsense.

PostPosted: April 20 17, 9:49 am 
tl;dr

ghostrunner wrote:
The aircraft headed to North Korea was fake news.

This caused a thought to pop into my head combined with everything else. This administration refuses to acknowledge that ANYTHING they have ever said or done wasn't perfectly correct. They just change the story slightly every single day to fit their new version of reality and think we're too dumb to not notice.

It reminded me of Animal Farm where whenever one of the pigs did something that went against the rules that were painted on the barn, the next morning the rule would have been slightly modified overnight and the animals were sure something wasn't right but just accepted it and moved on thinking maybe they just didn't remember correctly and the new way was how it had always been.

Trump and his administration think that the rest of the world (and US citizens) are dumb animals who are not smart enough to see what they are doing.

He's wrong and it's going to throw this country into chaos, if not outright war with somebody and that will not end well.

PostPosted: April 20 17, 10:24 am 

tlombard wrote:
Trump and his administration think that the rest of the world (and US citizens) are dumb animals who are not smart enough to see what they are doing.

Any person who lies to you with ease and regularity has no respect or regard for you. Any person who lies to you about things you can see with your own eyes must also have contempt for your intelligence. Trump has no regard, no respect for the citizens of this country, including those who voted for him, and contempt for our intelligence.

PostPosted: April 20 17, 10:35 am 
Everday Unicorn

G. Keenan wrote:
tlombard wrote:

Any person who lies to you with ease and regularity has no respect or regard for you. Any person who lies to you about things you can see with your own eyes must also have contempt for your intelligence. Trump has no regard, no respect for the citizens of this country, including those who voted for him, and contempt for our intelligence.

This. He knows what works, too. Repeating simple aphorisms like "crooked Hilary" and "dishonest, lying media." He knows most people don't have the time or energy or interest in digging any deeper for facts or information. In fact, there's an entire apparatus to provide the "alternative facts" (aka propaganda aka lies) to back up his attack mantras.

PostPosted: April 20 17, 11:03 am 
Hall Of Famer

Tim wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:
Some of the players did not go out of protest. Football players protesting stuff has gotten gobs of attention this year. This is the Times' way of getting in on that traffic. The right-wing talking heads will get in on it by telling us how spoiled and ungrateful the protesting players are.

Or Will Leitch

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/57596668/

Yeah it is 2013, but he says:

Quote:
I will try to say this as clearly as possible: These people are idiots. Every single one of them.

To get the opportunity to meet the President of the United States is something that millions of people dream of: It is, for almost anyone who has ever done it, one of the legitimate peaks of their lives. It does not matter what the politics of the person in office are, or what yours are. To refuse an invitation to meet the President is an offense to those who will never have the chance. It shows disrespect for not just the office, but the country itself. When the President invites you to the White House, even if he is actively trying to pass a law that says you, personally, are no longer allowed to eat cake, you stop what you are doing and you go. And you certainly don't grandstand for absolutely zero effect. Congratulations, Dan Hampton: You haven't changed a single mind. I hope you feel important.

Will is a bit over the top, but I generally agree that it is an honor to meet the president, and a bit petty for people to turn down that offer based on politics.

Except this president. I would have not turned down the opportunity to meet any prior president. Even if I disagreed with their politics, I could respect them as a person. There are few people I respect less than Trump. I could not bring myself to shake his hand and act polite.

PostPosted: April 20 17, 11:10 am 
Perennial All-Star

Popeye_Card wrote:
Tim wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:
Some of the players did not go out of protest. Football players protesting stuff has gotten gobs of attention this year. This is the Times' way of getting in on that traffic. The right-wing talking heads will get in on it by telling us how spoiled and ungrateful the protesting players are.

Or Will Leitch

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/57596668/

Yeah it is 2013, but he says:

Quote:
I will try to say this as clearly as possible: These people are idiots. Every single one of them.

To get the opportunity to meet the President of the United States is something that millions of people dream of: It is, for almost anyone who has ever done it, one of the legitimate peaks of their lives. It does not matter what the politics of the person in office are, or what yours are. To refuse an invitation to meet the President is an offense to those who will never have the chance. It shows disrespect for not just the office, but the country itself. When the President invites you to the White House, even if he is actively trying to pass a law that says you, personally, are no longer allowed to eat cake, you stop what you are doing and you go. And you certainly don't grandstand for absolutely zero effect. Congratulations, Dan Hampton: You haven't changed a single mind. I hope you feel important.

Will is a bit over the top, but I generally agree that it is an honor to meet the president, and a bit petty for people to turn down that offer based on politics.

Except this president. I would have not turned down the opportunity to meet any prior president. Even if I disagreed with their politics, I could respect them as a person. There are few people I respect less than Trump. I could not bring myself to shake his hand and act polite.

This. That it's Trump basically renders the whole 2013 argument moot.

PostPosted: April 20 17, 11:15 am 
Perennial All-Star

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Just going to guess that if a player has won a superbowl, meeting the POTUS is not anywhere close to the peak of their lives.

Rank the following accomplishments in order you'd like to, personally, acheive:
Play college football
Play in the NFL
Win a playoff game in the NFL
Win a conference champ in the NFL
Win a Superbowl in the NFL
Meet the president

If a time machine is involved and I could kick it with Jefferson then I'd put Meet POTUS at #1. Otherwise it would fall pretty short.

PostPosted: April 20 17, 11:26 am 

Trump Vows to Bring Back VCR Manufacturing Jobs

Har dee har har.

PostPosted: April 20 17, 10:12 pm 
Hall Of Famer

A real picture that was taken

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: April 21 17, 7:40 am 
Perennial All-Star

I really want to wake up one day soon and see the headline that all these Trumprussia traitors are being indicted. I know this is unprecedented and it could take a long time to build the case to where it's airtight, but COME THE [expletive] ON ALREADY!!! Get these assclowns OUT.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158 ... 235  Next