GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently October 15 18, 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169 ... 205  Next
PostPosted: July 16 18, 3:39 pm 
Hall Of Famer

lukethedrifter wrote:
Oh please oh please let Dana Loesch be right in the middle of all this.

Some one needs to draw me a diagram. I don't know what the hell is going on with these tweets.

PostPosted: July 16 18, 3:48 pm 
99% conan clips

i believe watts is suggesting, or asking, if dana would be "U.S. Person 1"

i could definitely be wrong though

PostPosted: July 16 18, 3:54 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Jocephus wrote:

I don’t know that Watts is going there. Loesch is NRA spokesperson and more. Quietly tweets that Trump was soft on Russia. Watts tweets back the indictment showing the NRA wasn’t only soft on Russia, they were directly involved.

PostPosted: July 16 18, 4:01 pm 
Hall Of Famer

lukethedrifter wrote:
Jocephus wrote:

I don’t know that Watts is going there. Loesch is NRA spokesperson and more. Quietly tweets that Trump was soft on Russia. Watts tweets back the indictment showing the NRA wasn’t only soft on Russia, they were directly involved.

Thank you.

PostPosted: July 16 18, 4:23 pm 
Consider him admonished

This guy...

PostPosted: July 16 18, 4:31 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Tim wrote:
This guy...

Clarke definitely knows which side his kulich is buttered on.

PostPosted: July 16 18, 4:58 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

haven't read any discussion on state of US Russia nuclear arms and ban treaty other than a reporter getting tossed for having a sign.

Oh, and Trump mention of it in a tweet to stir fear - that the threat is there and real.

With the GOP sanctioned sabotage of US intelligence, and with corrupt/compromised Trump and all - there has been a major swing in diplomatic/geopolitical leverage to Russia.

I can easily see the US response to this to be more military spending, including nukes. Backed by GOP whippin it up. And same from Russia. Because nukes/military are what geopolitically inept and weakened authoritarian regimes resort to. (Just like N Korea, Iran, Russia etc)

Then there is this Space Force thing(reminds me of Reagans Star Wars) - which I'm guessing defense hawks have wanted all along (though not necessarily in the way rolled out by Trump). All will be used to boost military spending. And surely the Wall Street cronies and Icahn etc were tipped for this already.

Too rambling conspiratorial? Or too obvious.

PostPosted: July 16 18, 5:40 pm 
Veteran Player

Randy Newman won a Grammy for a song called Putin? How have I never heard this before

PostPosted: July 16 18, 5:47 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

G. Keenan wrote:
Obviously there shouldn't be a shooting war over this.

Right. It's real easy. It goes like this, for a candidate:

"Folks, Russia's economy is based on fuel. For us, natural gas we import. When we buy a lot of gas, Russia exports it and they get richer while we tread water. One way to cripple Russia is to use less gas. I'm going to spend government money on wind farms and solar power and giving grants to our automakers to get cars off gas. I know this sounds tough, but we can get there, and we can get people working by spending government money on job training and infrastructure. I want people working on new wind farms in Indiana and Kentucky and Wisconsin and Missouri and everywhere else. I want solar panels built, and I want car manufacturers building gas-free cars, hiring engineers to design them and factory workers to build them. I want us to be a leader in this, because if we don't do it now another country will beat us to this technology and we will struggle for generations to get our economic advantage back. Some will say that these are government handouts, but they are not. They are government programs used to build the economy that will lead us into the next century and strengthen our position against Russia."

PostPosted: July 16 18, 6:58 pm 
The Last Word

33anda3rd wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
Obviously there shouldn't be a shooting war over this.

Right. It's real easy. It goes like this, for a candidate:

"Folks, Russia's economy is based on fuel. For us, natural gas we import. When we buy a lot of gas, Russia exports it and they get richer while we tread water. One way to cripple Russia is to use less gas. I'm going to spend government money on wind farms and solar power and giving grants to our automakers to get cars off gas. I know this sounds tough, but we can get there, and we can get people working by spending government money on job training and infrastructure. I want people working on new wind farms in Indiana and Kentucky and Wisconsin and Missouri and everywhere else. I want solar panels built, and I want car manufacturers building gas-free cars, hiring engineers to design them and factory workers to build them. I want us to be a leader in this, because if we don't do it now another country will beat us to this technology and we will struggle for generations to get our economic advantage back. Some will say that these are government handouts, but they are not. They are government programs used to build the economy that will lead us into the next century and strengthen our position against Russia."

Love this. Perfect.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169 ... 205  Next