GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently October 22 18, 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74  Next
PostPosted: September 13 18, 11:21 am 
Hall Of Famer

Freed Roger wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:
I Did Not Buy 6,500 Pairs Of Nikes To Send To The Dump, But Thousands Of Idiots Think I Did

Language:
Spoiler: show

If it's obvious parody -then why the explanation of it all on lame-o deadspin.

Because it's funny as hell to someone like me, who has the sense of humor of a 15 year old

PostPosted: September 13 18, 11:25 am 
Hall Of Famer

He bought $1.3 million of shoes, he listed his email address as "courage@thearmy.com" and the shipping address as "The Marines, Scholl Landfill" and people thought it was real. Our country is dumb as hell, and the people he fooled are supposedly from the smart side

PostPosted: September 13 18, 11:56 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

pioneer98 wrote:
He bought $1.3 million of shoes, he listed his email address as "courage@thearmy.com" and the shipping address as "The Marines, Scholl Landfill" and people thought it was real. Our country is dumb as hell, and the people he fooled are supposedly from the smart side

No doubt a portion would buy it. It's just nothing revealing about the nature of things. Deadspin guy does a Bernie Miklasz, acts like he discovered stupid people on the web.
-----
Sidenote:
Sorry to admit, I trolled as a Koch Brother on a Wisconsin paper comment section during Scott Walker's union busting - it's not that wing nuts thought I was an actual Koch, but many recognized me as an ally in this childish endeavor, thought I was trolling the libs at first.

A couple times I commented on a Post-Dispatch article - no snark but attempting to write an actual counterpoint. Argumentative writing 101 says you acknowledge whatever aspect is correct on the other side -before refuting and blowing them up blah blah blah. That conceding a point got me thumbs up from russian bots, wingnut people that don't read on down.

Anyways, people that are reactionaries don't read for meaning. Especially on twitter.

PostPosted: September 13 18, 5:47 pm 
Hall Of Famer

PostPosted: October 10 18, 3:40 pm 
The Last Word

Kaepernick plans to trademark an image of his head.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2494 ... mark-image

You know, just like Rosa Parks did.

PostPosted: October 10 18, 3:54 pm 
Everday Unicorn

Socnorb11 wrote:

Since the NFL is not going to let him play football again, he understands that his image/likeness is his livelihood now. He wants to raise a lot of money for his political causes? This is how he'll do it.

As for the Rosa Parks comment, she knew how to protect her intellectual property, too. She sued Outkast and its record label for defamation and trademark infringement for using her name without permission and obtained a settlement.

PostPosted: October 10 18, 8:18 pm 
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

heyzeus wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:

Since the NFL is not going to let him play football again, he understands that his image/likeness is his livelihood now. He wants to raise a lot of money for his political causes? This is how he'll do it.

As for the Rosa Parks comment, she knew how to protect her intellectual property, too. She sued Outkast and its record label for defamation and trademark infringement for using her name without permission and obtained a settlement.

Well, that didn't go as planned.

PostPosted: October 10 18, 8:40 pm 
Don't tone police me bro!

lmao

PostPosted: October 10 18, 9:41 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

some other NFL player trademarks
Quote:
Band leader Tim Browne claimed that Elway isn't interested in football and that there's no mention of John Elway in their recordings or artwork, but did name as a “tribute to their Fort Collins roots.” While the two Elways are separate entities and clearly do not provide the same goods and services, one imagines that Elway the player has more money to spend on any dispute than does Elway the band. After all, John Elway is already registered for furniture, spice rubs and restaurants, all three of which must be augmenting his already large purse. On the other hand, as long as the band doesn't branch out into cabinet-making, this dispute may be a dead ball

aaaand Tebow trademarked Tebowing....but any profits GO TO HIS CHARITY!!..... wait, does that mean he turns it over to the Mets?

PostPosted: October 11 18, 11:43 am 
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Claudette Colvin should have trademarked sitting in the front of the bus, so that Rosa Parks didn't get all the accolades.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74  Next