GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 14 19, 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272 ... 276  Next
PostPosted: May 21 19, 5:38 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

Yeah but that Garland karma is a two-way sword.

If the judge was someone we’ve never heard of, it’s almost better. Garland rules against Trump and FOX And Friends goes on and on about Garland being an Obama puppet and 12 seconds later Trump goes on a kindergarten-level tirade on Twitter about Garland being vindictive because he couldn’t be on SCOTUS and every meathead in America who thinks Hillary Clinton is the devil digs their heels in a little deeper.

PostPosted: May 21 19, 5:57 pm 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.
Sadly this will be how it plays out. He’ll even get a nickname ...

PostPosted: May 22 19, 10:05 pm 
Perennial All-Star

The DC Court of Appeals has nine members. The appeal for Trump will be heard by a three judge panel, which may or may not include Garland. I would agree that having Garland involved would give Trump and his supporters a reason to complain, so I think it would be better if the luck of the draw left Garland off the panel. But Trump will complain no matter what happens. He referred to Judge Amit Mehta, who is the judge who made the decision that is being appealed, as “an Obama appointed judge.” The judge in New York who ruled against Trump is also an Obama appointee. If this ends up at SCOTUS, let’s hope John Roberts is unwilling to put his place in history to the torch for Trump.

PostPosted: May 23 19, 3:46 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Thread.

PostPosted: May 23 19, 3:54 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Beautiful.

Now will it gain traction within the GOP or will it wither on the vine?

My money is on the latter, but we'll see.

PostPosted: May 23 19, 4:47 pm 
Consider him admonished

G. Keenan wrote:
Thread.

Beautiful.

PostPosted: May 24 19, 9:08 am 

Tim wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
Thread.

Beautiful.

This is all really just clear as crystal. And yet, the GOP apparatus is all-in on the through the looking glass cuckoo conspiracy nonsense. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! Look over here! Fox and Friends has a shiny object for you to enjoy.

The entire party is perfectly willing to debase and destabilize our entire political culture . . . for what exactly? I think it's really nothing more than their own careers. These are venal people whose personal ambition and lust to remain in authority outweigh any sense of duty to the Constitution or their institutions. Trump has conquered and emasculated them by capturing just enough of their voters to make trouble for them in a primary. They know it and are too cowardly and self-important to do the right thing for the country.

And every day it becomes more and more a theater of the absurd and they pretend like our Executive branch has not devolved into complete amateur hour The Emperor Has No Clothes scenario.

PostPosted: May 24 19, 9:19 am 
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

It is the same party that did this just a few short years ago.

They love the Constitution. They just don't particularly like following it when it doesn't suit their needs.

PostPosted: May 24 19, 9:21 am 
Hall Of Famer

G. Keenan wrote:
Tim wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
Thread.

Beautiful.

This is all really just clear as crystal. And yet, the GOP apparatus is all-in on the through the looking glass cuckoo conspiracy nonsense. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! Look over here! Fox and Friends has a shiny object for you to enjoy.

The entire party is perfectly willing to debase and destabilize our entire political culture . . . for what exactly? I think it's really nothing more than their own careers.

Here I think you are wrong. Did you see the fascists' announcement of roll-back of transgender protections this morning?

This is a battle to the death for the supremacy of conservative Christian patriarchy. I didn't put 'white' supremacy in there even though a large part of the GOP base is that too. But I think that is a subset of the over-arching male-dominated Christian culture that is going all-in for domination of America.

They've been working on this for generations and they finally have it all aligned - legislatures, congress, the Presidency. They are passing laws to codify their beliefs, disenfranchise the 'others' where they can, and stuffing the courts to make it all stick.

I hope it is a last gasp that will ultimately fail. But if the military has enough of these wackos in high enough places, its game,set and match IMO.

PostPosted: May 24 19, 9:46 am 

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
Tim wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
Thread.

Beautiful.

The entire party is perfectly willing to debase and destabilize our entire political culture . . . for what exactly? I think it's really nothing more than their own careers.

Here I think you are wrong. Did you see the fascists' announcement of roll-back of transgender protections this morning?

This is a battle to the death for the supremacy of conservative Christian patriarchy. I didn't put 'white' supremacy in there even though a large part of the GOP base is that too. But I think that is a subset of the over-arching male-dominated Christian culture that is going all-in for domination of America.

They've been working on this for generations and they finally have it all aligned - legislatures, congress, the Presidency. They are passing laws to codify their beliefs, disenfranchise the 'others' where they can, and stuffing the courts to make it all stick.

I hope it is a last gasp that will ultimately fail. But if the military has enough of these wackos in high enough places, its game,set and match IMO.

I'm reminded of what Thomas Jefferson said about Southerners being "zealous for their own liberties, but trampling on those of others."

That's pretty much the GOP.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272 ... 276  Next