GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently December 10 19, 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: November 30 19, 8:41 pm 
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Freed Roger wrote:
His annoying democratic Greitens act aside, I don't think Pete stands a chance in hell no matter what Iowa says. . Seems like the progressive dems are elevating him to a level he doesn't merit. He was the mayor of South Bend Indiana for gods sake.

Isn't Biden still regressive dem to worry about dragging it all down?

He ruined his chance.

PostPosted: December 1 19, 3:20 am 
All Hail the New GDT Master

No malarkey? Is it 1952?

PostPosted: December 1 19, 4:48 am 
Hall Of Famer

CardsofSTL wrote:
No malarkey? Is it 1952?

Let me look...

Nope. And, before you ask, next year isn't either.

They should have gone with "Joe!". Like in "Joe! Wake up! It's time for your nap, old man."

PostPosted: December 1 19, 10:13 am 
Hall Of Famer

Socnorb11 wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
If Pete wants to run an 80% plan out there he should be clear about it. He’s making it sound like a 95-99% plan.

He's absolutely clear about it. His website states it, his newsletters state it, his e-mails state it, and he mentions it in every campaign stop.

No offense, but false statements like this are why people end up labeling Pete a "Lying M-F". He's not lying. People just aren't listening.

He’s literally dropping the words millionaire and billionaire in there as if thats who he’s cutting off. I realize his site and plan say different. That’s the issue. He’s not at all clear about that when making those statements.

PostPosted: December 1 19, 10:26 am 
Replies Authoritatively

ghostrunner wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
If Pete wants to run an 80% plan out there he should be clear about it. He’s making it sound like a 95-99% plan.

He's absolutely clear about it. His website states it, his newsletters state it, his e-mails state it, and he mentions it in every campaign stop.

No offense, but false statements like this are why people end up labeling Pete a "Lying M-F". He's not lying. People just aren't listening.

He’s literally dropping the words millionaire and billionaire in there as if thats who he’s cutting off. I realize his site and plan say different. That’s the issue. He’s not at all clear about that when making those statements.

Right.

Broncos, I'd say this: watch the next debate, and watch your man. There will be plenty of him b/c once a candidate hits up-and-comer/top of the pack status in IA and NH--like with Warren--everyone goes on the attack. Watch how he holds up, but more important write down everything he says that's substantive--like lacks any notion of vagueness. If that happens, and i submit to you it won't, then scrub it against what's on his website.

PostPosted: December 2 19, 3:55 pm 
The Last Word

33anda3rd wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:

Right.

Broncos, I'd say this: watch the next debate, and watch your man. There will be plenty of him b/c once a candidate hits up-and-comer/top of the pack status in IA and NH--like with Warren--everyone goes on the attack. Watch how he holds up, but more important write down everything he says that's substantive--like lacks any notion of vagueness. If that happens, and i submit to you it won't, then scrub it against what's on his website.

I submit to you that some vagueness isn't really a bad thing. The "millionaires and billionaires" thing is hyperbole, obviously. Pete and I shouldn't have to do the actual homework for people that aren't sharp enough to figure that out. His plan is crystal clear, and takes about 2 minutes to find. If it matters to you, then take the time to dig a little. If it doesn't matter to you, then don't worry about it. The debates are not the time to explain details of your policies. When you've got 10 or 15 candidates, there's absolutely not time for that. The debates are intended to present your position on issues, and show how you'll hold up when scrutinized or challenged.

Every single detail that you present is going to be scrutinized, and used against you for years by the media, by your political opponents, and by GRB. It happened to Obama. It's happened to Trump (easy target, obviously), and it will happen to our next president.

My advice is to not get so caught up in the details, because the details are guaranteed to change once you start trying to actually establish policy, rather than just talking about it.

PostPosted: December 2 19, 4:30 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Pete’s plan is easy to explain as it is. You substitute those making over $150k for “millionaires” and say it’s a sliding scale for those between 100and 150k. It’s easy, he’s just not doing it because not providing college to millionaire kids sounds superficially “reasonable”.

PostPosted: December 2 19, 4:32 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

The homework doesn't get done. Lock Her Up. But Her Emails. Chicago is a violent warzone. 78% of women who have an abortion are satanists. Say whatever you want nowadays and people believe it. That's where someone like you who is informed can come in handy because you do the homework just by coming here and obsessing about this stuff w/ the rest of us.

He wants to sound, as ghost put it really well, "superficially 'reasonable'." That's his ground: superficiality.

PostPosted: December 2 19, 5:55 pm 
The Last Word

It's a sales pitch, no doubt. It's really no different than Elizabeth Warren not wanting to say the word "taxes", or Bernie continuing to promise free tuition and health care to everyone, knowing full well that he won't be able to do it (at least he hasn't been able to such a bill thru Congress in the 30 years that he's been in Washington).

I love them all, but they're all only showing what they want you to see.

PostPosted: December 2 19, 6:54 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

Right but I can see that the others believe in what they're peddling. Warren believes the wealthy should pay a tax so kids have free school and childcare and also is here to cop to being ready to fight for any minute sub-sub-sub-sub group's desire--if you say to her in a town hall "Hey Liz I'm a gay Native American who thinks hetero couples who host "Friendsgiving" are practicing erasure will you fight with me?" she's like "yeah let' do it, all in. No more Friendsgiving. Sit and stare at the walls." I don't doubt her sincerity, she's like the anti-Pete, willing to say what she's for a million times a day down to stuff that she doesn't need to be for, but she can't help but say yes to it because she feels it. Sanders believes that healthcare is a right and that the federal government should make sure everyone has it and that this soup is cold and he's not paying for it. I believe his conviction. Trump believes Mexicans are less than white people and that a wall must be built to keep them out. I believe he believes in it. Biden believes that dadgummit I know them summitches, I know Assad, the blafrican ladies they like me. I don't doubt he believes that his experience is more vital to the job than other candidates' policy positions.

I don't know what Pete believes in besides advancing Pete's career via the mildest form of dumb milennial "ok boomer" politics.

This whole electoral process is just do damn exhausting and crazy and nonsensical that I just want it to be 11 months from now so I can punch the name of whatever dem is on the ballot and see them win so we can get past this Trump madness. Even if it's [expletive] Pete [expletive] Buttigieg.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next