GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently May 20 19, 1:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2673 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 268  Next
 Post subject: cops
PostPosted: December 6 12, 1:11 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

This will be unpopular, but I hate them. [expletive] em all.

Got pulled over today because the cop thought I had a blue flashing light on my headlight. Really? So this takes two state cops to investigate right on the main road through town. So they are having me flip switches and everything else, get out of the car, look at this, do that. Finally I've had enough and I tell officer fat ass to get in the car and flip his own damn switches of course that pisses him off. He said he didn't appreciate the attitude to which I replied the same. Meanwhile there's an audience piling up from the store that's five feet away. I'm pretty mild mannered usually and am respectful of cops but these two dick heads were just being dickheads. Meanwhile there are people speeding, drunk driving, etc and he thinks I have a flashing light on my headlight. My STOCK headlight. Learn about cars [expletive]. I'm at the point where I'm telling him I'll take the god damn thing apart and show him if he wants when the county sheriff rolls in ask what's going on and I tell him in a rather pissed off and not happy way. BTW I was in the sheriffs wedding five years ago, we kind of go back 30 years. When he says to the state cops "I think you boys ought to get out of town and do your job." Whew were they pissed, but there is no way they were going to argue with him because he's kind of the golden boy around here and will be a congressman in a few years. I'm sure the whole incident will earn me a ticket down the road but who gives a [expletive] I'll fight it. Dick bag state cops in town harassing people. You know I've never wished death on anyone, and I never will, but if one of these jackasses got plowed by a truck today on the interstate I gotta think I'd smile when reading the obit.

Maybe in the big city it's different but here in rural America cops are [expletive] useless. They don't fight crime they just hand out seat belt tickets. We could do without em.

I don't mind getting pulled over for an actual crime or traffic violation but when some pig wants to pull me over and stop me for a half hour inspecting my car when I did NOTHING wrong he can eat fat dick. I even asked him if I was speeding, rolled through a stop, etc he said no.

and before one of you says you'll wish they were around when I need them. Well I will NEVER need them. It would take them a half hour to get to my house and if someone was breaking in them or I would be long dead before the damn cops showed up. I was with someone that hit a deer once. The car was totaled. Took the cops 45 minutes to show up, then they wouldn't give us a ride into town.

Worst god damn month of my life. I just wanted to go to the store and get something for dinner and I get harassed by two ego maniacs in uniform.

Post subject: Re: cops
PostPosted: December 6 12, 1:25 pm 
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

I approve. Warts dad was a good cop. The rest of them are egomaniacs looking to rip you off.

PostPosted: December 6 12, 1:32 pm 

I know there has to be good ones. I just haven't met many. I have two in my family that are as big of ass hole hypocrites as you can get. Also racists, though it doesn't matter.

I just think cops should have better things to do then sit in town and give people seat belt tickets or pull me over for a non existent blue light.

PostPosted: December 6 12, 1:37 pm 
99% conan clips

john rambo didn't like 'em either.

all those public service jobs are tough, no doubt, but it's pretty easy to be wary of them. i am.

PostPosted: December 6 12, 1:56 pm 
Perennial All-Star

IMADreamer wrote:
This will be unpopular, but I hate them. [expletive] em all.

Got pulled over today because the cop thought I had a blue flashing light on my headlight. Really? So this takes two state cops to investigate right on the main road through town. So they are having me flip switches and everything else, get out of the car, look at this, do that. Finally I've had enough and I tell officer fat ass to get in the car and flip his own damn switches of course that pisses him off. He said he didn't appreciate the attitude to which I replied the same. Meanwhile there's an audience piling up from the store that's five feet away. I'm pretty mild mannered usually and am respectful of cops but these two dick heads were just being dickheads. Meanwhile there are people speeding, drunk driving, etc and he thinks I have a flashing light on my headlight. My STOCK headlight. Learn about cars [expletive]. I'm at the point where I'm telling him I'll take the god damn thing apart and show him if he wants when the county sheriff rolls in ask what's going on and I tell him in a rather pissed off and not happy way. BTW I was in the sheriffs wedding five years ago, we kind of go back 30 years. When he says to the state cops "I think you boys ought to get out of town and do your job." Whew were they pissed, but there is no way they were going to argue with him because he's kind of the golden boy around here and will be a congressman in a few years. I'm sure the whole incident will earn me a ticket down the road but who gives a [expletive] I'll fight it. Dick bag state cops in town harassing people. You know I've never wished death on anyone, and I never will, but if one of these jackasses got plowed by a truck today on the interstate I gotta think I'd smile when reading the obit.

Maybe in the big city it's different but here in rural America cops are [expletive] useless. They don't fight crime they just hand out seat belt tickets. We could do without em.

I don't mind getting pulled over for an actual crime or traffic violation but when some pig wants to pull me over and stop me for a half hour inspecting my car when I did NOTHING wrong he can eat fat dick. I even asked him if I was speeding, rolled through a stop, etc he said no.

and before one of you says you'll wish they were around when I need them. Well I will NEVER need them. It would take them a half hour to get to my house and if someone was breaking in them or I would be long dead before the damn cops showed up. I was with someone that hit a deer once. The car was totaled. Took the cops 45 minutes to show up, then they wouldn't give us a ride into town.

Worst god damn month of my life. I just wanted to go to the store and get something for dinner and I get harassed by two ego maniacs in uniform.

Smile away. I'm sure his young wife and 2 children would appreciate it.
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sectio ... id=8905215

PostPosted: December 6 12, 2:09 pm 
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

i'll just go ahead and say it. Cops shouldn't be allowed to pull people over on the side of the road, especially an interstate like I-55. Blinking lights don't protect you. Further, is it really worth it. I wonder where one can find data to show the death rates per million vehicles on roads that are well policed and those not well patrolled. There are probably too many variables to get meaningful data.

Regardless, on state highways vehicles should pull into an exit or something instead of the side of the interstate with cars passing by at 70 mph 10 feet away.

PostPosted: December 6 12, 2:13 pm 

Molly any time someone dies they leave behind loved ones. Just because it's a cop makes it no more tragic.

PostPosted: December 6 12, 2:15 pm 
Perennial All-Star

IMADreamer wrote:
Molly any time someone dies they leave behind loved ones. Just because it's a cop makes it no more tragic.

You are correct. It's tragic that someone would smile at their death. Sorry to be a witch but you just hit a nerve.

PostPosted: December 6 12, 2:38 pm 

Well I didn't even catch their names so I couldn't smile if they died. I suspect it's all a bit of hyperbole. Still I don't know if I'd feel any sorrow.

Why are these people put on a pedestal? Their job is to ruin someone's day. That should not be celebrated.

PostPosted: December 6 12, 2:48 pm 
NPR & THT Contributor

IMADreamer wrote:
Their job is to ruin someone's day.

You have got to be kidding me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2673 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 268  Next